Why is it ?

chill123

Why is that some forum members find the need to post all of there illnesses and ailments on this site . I though this was a stalking site ?

chill

Certainly is a stalking site for stalkers who sometimes encouter illnesses and medical conditions that effect their ability to carry out their favourite past time. These guys get a great deal of support from their SD mates which must help with their recovery.
All part of the SD family I suppose. Perhaps some day when your knees need replaced it will be good to learn that others have had this op and that your stalking days are not over.
Apart from that IMO when out stalking I talk about more than just rifles, deer, dogs etc General discussion should be much akin to that.

When trying to encourage people to join, I described SD as a friendly forum about stalking. Friendly comes first - it was noticeably less so a while back and drove a lot of people away.

I see the stalking as a theme rather than a tenet.

For me personally, I wouldn't necessarily broadcast illness - with the way I am just now there isn't the bandwith:eek: - but very much each to their own and does reflect this is a social forum. Its about mutual support as Gazza notes, and see nothing wrong with that.

Certainly is a stalking site for stalkers who sometimes encouter illnesses and medical conditions that effect their ability to carry out their favourite past time. These guys get a great deal of support from their SD mates which must help with their recovery.
All part of the SD family I suppose. Perhaps some day when your knees need replaced it will be good to learn that others have had this op and that your stalking days are not over.
Apart from that IMO when out stalking I talk about more than just rifles, deer, dogs etc General discussion should be much akin to that.

Hear hear. I have made some very very good friends off this site who have been very supportive through a very difficult and traumatic year for me. I enjoy their company and also enjoy seeing them stalk on my leases and enjoying themselves.

No dissrespect but as your sign in name is Chill, perhaps it might be good if you did CHILL!!! and enjoy the site for what it stands for.

ATB

Old Sikamalc, (Knackered knees as well)

Broke a tooth 3 weeks ago, broke another last night. While I don't expect any sympathy for such trivial thing, if it was something that was in anyway life changing, it's nice when people are supportive and wish you well.

Many of these guys are our pals - - we may never have met, but we are on much the same wavelength regarding our sport. We have a good bit of banter and learn a lot from each other. If we can't give a wee bit of support when they are ill or just feeling a bit down for whatever reason it'll be a sad day.

JR

I am going in for my penis reduction operation tomorrow but don't tell GAZZA or he will never be off the PM wanting the bit they cut off......

I am going in for my penis reduction operation tomorrow but don't tell GAZZA or he will never be off the PM wanting the bit they cut off......

Red Dot. Can I suggest you go to Syria. Just heard on the news that the guy in charge over there is a Dick Taker

Last edited:
Not my thing but if it helps someone, why not? - so long as it's in General Discussion as I don't want to be surprised by R-D's penis in Equipment...

Jeez RD, known you for all these years and never knew you actually have a big penis. So now I know the real reason people call you a big dick. LOL

Many people like to also get advise from people who have been through the same conditions as them and can talk from a stalkers/shooters point of view and just get a little bit of like minded support for Christ sake,some might not even have any family or close friends to talk to so where would the next place you would turn to a forum of course, I don't see any problem what so ever with it,some are stuck at home on the mend and are just bloody well bored stiff and it's also good to let off a bit of steam to, most of us are on the same wavelength but obviously as always in life there are the ones who always spoil the enjoyment for others lets not let this thread deter others from posting and asking advise when the going gets tuff carry on as far as I'm concerned guys :thumb:

Last edited:
Jeez! It sounds like from the whole forum we could only muster a couple of completely fit working bodies between us.
I'm good for one left knee and one left shoulder, if broken for spares!
I can still go up to the 2000ft-3000ft mark pretty smartish with all my gear but suffer going down hill as all the shock absorbers are done. Often get wipedout by the drag, especially hinds in snow.

Not interested??
Don`t read it, simple.

Basil your right not interested would you like to here of my two and a half years with cancer which resulted in me loosing my testicles part of my bladder a spinal tumor a tumor in my liver one in my lungs .
Which has left me with various other medical problems .

No I didn't or don't think so ,so why would we like to here about a knee resection or any other medical problem that's why we hav a national health system for doctors to give advice that's why they do 5 years a medical school

As I said before there's always someone worse off than you , have a look at the children's cancer wards in the hospital some with no hope ,give yourselves a wake up call , at least you've had some life .

Basil your right not interested would you like to here of my two and a half years with cancer which resulted in me loosing my testicles part of my bladder a spinal tumor a tumor in my liver one in my lungs .
Which has left me with various other medical problems . .

With all that going on no wonder you are a grumpy git but I for one would still give even you support. :love:

............ resulted in me loosing my testicles........

We have got to change your forum name to Jaffa! ;)

Now before the 9 o'clock jury get their knickers in a twist, Rab knows me and will take it as intended - squaddie humour.
......... there's always someone worse off than you
Yup. I'll be spending this Easter as usual in Eastern Europe making life a wee bit easier for some of the hoards of unwanted orphans. Poor wee souls.

With all that going on no wonder you are a grumpy git but I for one would still give even you support. :love:

Alex if I was given sympathy I would have lay down to this and it would have ruled me , the best thing ever said to me was by my father (it's your Cancer youll have to get on with it ) he was right, sympathy is in the dictionary between shjt and syphilis , you only get one chance at this, get up in the mornings and get on with it no matter how you feel ,your a long time dead , what's the point worrying about it

Back