day building highseat

flyingfisherman

Well after seeing cockerdogs design on high seats, i decided to copy it.. Ive been meaning to do it for months but with the shooting season getting in the way, its taken me until today to get it done!

I was lucky enough to scrounge a load of lats from pallets to clad it with along with a bit of old 3x1 which was surplus to requirements.. Total build cost was £40 plus a few nails. We started at lunchtime and had an hour off to get supplies in the afternoon, finishing at 1830, all that needs doing is a roof putting on it. Im looking forward to waiting up there for charlies and deer. I will put some finished pics up and also the view in due course..

196e681d.jpg

99946b0b.jpg

9e307cec.jpg

Thanks to Cockerdog for the design!

Looks the business - might have made the shooting rail a bit higher though or will you be shooting from the sitting position?

Now thats clever.

Please let me know how you add seat and how you get along with it.

Cheap, portable, very nice idea.

I've been toying with the idea of a portable seat with the maplins ladder but wasnt sure of how to fix the seat and rest on, thats given me some ideas, can you post more pics of the final product?

Andrew

Will do. The chair will be clamped to the ladder using a couple of U-bolts with a piece of flat steel drilled to locate on the ubolt and lock it in place on the ladder.
I'm picking the seat up tomorrow and will post some pictures of the final item.
The rest is fully adjustable up/down and angle and the table will have an adjustable fishing rod rest attached to it to add further stability to the rest. The rest has been wound with a soft rubberised tape. I have made a table for the other side too, they just slot it tightly in the rungs.

That looks like a good idea! Have searched for the maplins folding ladder but they are saying its £59.99???

Daz

Well after seeing cockerdogs design on high seats, i decided to copy it.. Ive been meaning to do it for months but with the shooting season getting in the way, its taken me until today to get it done!

I was lucky enough to scrounge a load of lats from pallets to clad it with along with a bit of old 3x1 which was surplus to requirements.. Total build cost was £40 plus a few nails. We started at lunchtime and had an hour off to get supplies in the afternoon, finishing at 1830, all that needs doing is a roof putting on it. Im looking forward to waiting up there for charlies and deer. I will put some finished pics up and also the view in due course..

196e681d.jpg

99946b0b.jpg

9e307cec.jpg

Thanks to Cockerdog for the design!

FF hope you didn't lose anything while building the seat, I did notice in your quote "WE" but I only see one person doing the work..:D

regards
Now

NoW.. Lost nothing! although i had the hammer tied to my wrist.. :) I think my black cloud has lifted.. Im going to get a radio jammer to fit on top of it.. ive heard that deer have been seen with walkie talkies..

Will do. The chair will be clamped to the ladder using a couple of U-bolts with a piece of flat steel drilled to locate on the ubolt and lock it in place on the ladder.
I'm picking the seat up tomorrow and will post some pictures of the final item.
The rest is fully adjustable up/down and angle and the table will have an adjustable fishing rod rest attached to it to add further stability to the rest. The rest has been wound with a soft rubberised tape. I have made a table for the other side too, they just slot it tightly in the rungs.

Once it is complete you should put up a step by step guide on how you did it......mine is still in the box in the back of my car, I was hoping you would put up a post lol!

Back