Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Swarovski ballistic turret

  1. #1

    Swarovski ballistic turret

    I am looking at having a ballistic turret added to a Swarovski scope What are the problems if any and costs Also how would I go about getting it doneThanks in advanceStone

  2. #2
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Posts
    2,743
    It something that needs to go back to the factory - I think they will only do it to certain scopes - those that they offer it as an option on - so have a quick butchers down the product list to see if your scope has it as an option. If I remember rightly, you won't see much change out of four ponies.....(no not candles)
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

  3. #3
    A friend had this done last year. I was doing something else when he was talking about it and so I don't remember it all. However, I seem to recall that it can only be done to a scope that had ballistic turrets as a factory option. I think he rang up Swarovski and sent it to the factory, it took a couple of months and cost about 150 but I'm not sure. I'll try and get hold of him and get back to you.

    I also think that there was some limitation to do with the nature of the interaction of some ballistic turrets/scope combinations but I can't remember much more than that at the moment.

  4. #4
    Hi Stone,

    Got an Z6i and looked into getting the ballistics torrent retro fitted got quoted 200 to have it fitted.

    Jase.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    I am looking at having a ballistic turret added to a Swarovski scope What are the problems if any and costs Also how would I go about getting it doneThanks in advanceStone
    Swarovski Ballistic Turret Rifle Scopes - Swarovski Ballistic Turret Rifle Scopes Discount


    Press Releases - SWAROVSKI OPTIK - Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Rifle Scopes, Hunting, Birdwatching, Travel Leisure, Digiscoping
    Look at the video clip


    If its a z6i buy a turret and put it on its that simple .

    Jason ,knotaclu looks like whoever your dealing with doesn't hav a clue what there talking about .
    Last edited by widows son; 12-03-2012 at 23:33.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Swarovski Ballistic Turret Rifle Scopes - Swarovski Ballistic Turret Rifle Scopes Discount


    Press Releases - SWAROVSKI OPTIK - Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Rifle Scopes, Hunting, Birdwatching, Travel Leisure, Digiscoping
    Look at the video clip


    If its a z6i buy a turret and put it on its that simple .

    Jason ,knotaclu looks like whoever your dealing with doesn't hav a clue what there talking about .
    No - whilst I would accept that the friend in question has got too much money and doesn't know what to do with it, I wouldn't accept in any way that he doesn't know what he is talking about. I would also accept that (as I said) I wasn't listening that closely.

    However, since the video clip you linked to was of how to adjust the ballistic turret on a scope which already has it fitted, and the OP wanted to know how to go about getting a ballistic turret fitted in the first place, I'm not at all sure you've made your point.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Knottaclu View Post
    No - whilst I would accept that the friend in question has got too much money and doesn't know what to do with it, I wouldn't accept in any way that he doesn't know what he is talking about. I would also accept that (as I said) I wasn't listening that closely.

    However, since the video clip you linked to was of how to adjust the ballistic turret on a scope which already has it fitted, and the OP wanted to know how to go about getting a ballistic turret fitted in the first place, I'm not at all sure you've made your point.
    Ok then I've got two of these scopes, I bought before the turret was availible I then bought the turret and fitted it ,just as shown on the clip .the clip was only for entertainment value it was the number of scope on the companies listings showing what scopes were compatable with the balistic turret .

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post


    If its a z6i buy a turret and put it on its that simple ..
    Bob
    Is it a simple job or would I need any specialist tools to help me to fit one plus what sort of money are we talking and who did you get yours from as the 2 shops I have approached don't seem to want to know
    Pm me details if you like
    Cheers mate

  9. #9
    following from my initial questions
    It seems that my scope does need to be sent back to the factory for the correct turret to be fitted
    not set up
    but a different turret to what my scope initially has
    It is a Z6i 2-12x50 ill
    Does anyone have a direct contact number for Swaro UK, as I am led to believe they can undertake such work , just no body seems to hav a number for them whom I hav spoke to
    I do have a dealer who is prepared to sort this all out but that means extra cost and the scope would need to be posted to them as they are not local, I prefer to hand it to them face to face than post
    but as I am expecting to be in the Welyn garden area in the next few weeks, I thought I could kill 2 birds with one stone or so to speak and take the scope direct to Swaro
    any help any one
    Cheers

  10. #10
    Swarovski UK.LTD Tel +44 - 1737 - 856 812..e-mail christinepercy@swarovski.com ..........Hi if you e-mail christine you will find her or the UK team most helpful as I have found in the past on several occasions.

    BUY THE BEST DEAL WITH THE BEST.

Similar Threads

  1. Swarovski Ballistic Turrets - Retro-fit?
    By Eric the Red in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-09-2012, 20:09
  2. New Swarovski Ballistic Turret unveiled at SHOT show
    By JabaliHunter in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-01-2012, 08:02
  3. Swarovski 6x42 turret adjustments??
    By rigboot in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-01-2012, 08:15
  4. Turret changed for ballistic type
    By deerwarden in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 22:04
  5. swarovski ballistic turret
    By MJM in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-12-2010, 13:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •