Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tikka t 3 or browning x bolt

tikka t 3 or browning x bolt

thinking of synthetic, stainless 6.5x55 probably, any body got opinions from experence, kind regards

go for tikka t3, fantastic rifle with looks to match, i have the synthetic varmint in 243

I have been sorting out a load for a mate's X Bolt and, whilst it is a lovely rifle to handle, it has an absolutely atrocious trigger that really makes it difficult to shoot accurately. Whilst I don't particularly like the T3's synthetic stock, I have to admit that Trevor's is a brilliant rifle that is superbly accurate out of the box with just about any ammunition you care to lob through the barrel.

Go for the Tikka (and get a .270W instead of the Swede )

Quote Originally Posted by waggy 1 View Post
    thinking of synthetic, stainless 6.5x55 probably, any body got opinions from experence, kind regards
    I have a t3 in 6.5x55 all weather. Can't fault it to the point of don't think I would buy anything other than a stainless synthetic, this is a personal choice!!

Get a T3.
    unless you want to take your trigger finger to the gym to make it super strong.

I personally think synthetics are way too light though.

Go for the t3 and you won't regrett it , you'ld be better with a 270

I had an X-bolt in 243. sold it for a T3.
    Loved the X-Bolt but hated the trigger. So my recommendation is for the T3. Generally most people say the same about the X-Bolt. Nice accurate rifle with a crap trigger. If you like 3 to 3.5 lb trigger then you will be fine. It did my head in.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Tried both and its the t3 out of the two! The bolt and trigger on the x bolt are course, im a Browning fan got a 525 12g and a t-bolt in 17hmr but couldnt bring myself to get an x bolt!

why does a company as big as browning put such poor triggers in the x bolt ? is this not adjustable to make it a nice trigger if this is what lets the whole rifle down ?

Yes you can alter the trigger pull on the X bolt. There is a small key adjuster behind the trigger itself. Still not the best, even after reducing this down.