Thread: Childrens waterproof clothing (camo)

Childrens waterproof clothing (camo)

Gents,

My oldest boy (turns 9 soon) is needing some new waterproof clothing, he's expressed an interest in realtree or similar but wondered if there are any recommendations about.

Found a Jack Pyke jacket/trouser combos and some deerhunter gear but any other ideas around you can recommend?

Thanks

Rb

The German Flecktarn goretex coats are very small for their size. Depending on what his size he might fit in a small one? Would save a few quid especially if he is likely to grow out of something or trash it on a fence.

Have a look at the Norsveda stuff which appears on ebay quite often. My lad uses it and it is very good! deerhunter do some good stuff in their 'Little Oscar' range.
    It's very important to keep them warm and dry or they could easily be put off for life at a young age!
    MS

My mate got his lad a cracking used Seeland suit off Ebay for 80 and it looks better than the adult kit and fits like a glove....

Thanks for the alternatives gents, both the Seeland and Norsveda stuff look good, unfortunately the Flecktarn gear will be a bit big for now but the rate he goes through clothing it won't be long before he does fit into it.

Cheers

Rb

my lad had a deerhunter jacket which did him well for a couple of seasons brushing till he grew out of it
    Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    Gents,

My oldest boy (turns 9 soon) is needing some new waterproof clothing, he's expressed an interest in realtree or similar but wondered if there are any recommendations about.

Found a Jack Pyke jacket/trouser combos and some deerhunter gear but any other ideas around you can recommend?

Thanks

Rb
    I know it's not waterproof, but I'm sure I've got a DPM windproof jacket somewhere that my lad (now 13) has long grown out of; dunno how windproof it may or may not be, but he always said he was toasty in it (it's unlined, not a big winter jacket). Yours for nowt if you want it for your boy! PM me your details if you want me to chuck it in the post to you.

Merlin
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    I know it's not waterproof, but I'm sure I've got a DPM windproof jacket somewhere that my lad (now 13) has long grown out of; dunno how windproof it may or may not be, but he always said he was toasty in it (it's unlined, not a big winter jacket). Yours for nowt if you want it for your boy! PM me your details if you want me to chuck it in the post to you.

Merlin
    Hi Merlin,

Many thanks for the very kind offer, but I found a lovely Deerhunter "Little Oscar" jacket and Deerhunter "Stalker" trousers on the net which I bought for him yesterday.
    Not camo but they look quite smart in the green. Picked them both up for 60 posted as they are old stock.

He's going to a BASC young shots day when I get home & thought I'd treat him to some new clobber as his older gear is getting a bit tatty with him wrestling with brambles and barbed wire when we were last out ferreting!

Thanks again though

Rb

Contact country clothing in kettering Northamptonshire .Sealand do some good kid stuff