Thread: Full reloading setup

Full reloading setup

Hey all,

I'm going to start reloading for my .303 and I need all the kit! So far all I have is a set of collet dies. I'm on a bit of a budget - the cheaper the kit the better!

Let me know what you've got.

Thanks,

Dr. S

I've started reloading this year, my press is a Lee Classic Cast. It's extremely solid and easy to use. You can get cheaper, but I think they're less solid and I've read you can buy better, but I think you'd have to spend a lot more money. I researched a bit before I bought this one, it's good quality for the money.

If you are starting from scatch have you thought of this http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/pro...RELOADING+KITS
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I had seen that but have been told to stay away from the Lee scales as they're not very accurate.

I don't think much of the Lee scales myself but the rest of the deal has to be a good starting point.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Yeah, I think I'll end up going for it unless someone comes along with a real bargain!

Thanks.

Don't they have a very limited range of calibres so you would have to spend a bit more on top?

David.

Well, I only have a .303 and a .308 at the moment. I've got .303 collet dies as I'll only be neck sizing and therefore would go for the .308 set. I could go for .223 as I'll be getting one in the not too distant future but I can get pretty good milsurp for 39/100 and I doubt I'd be able to reload for much cheaper than that!