Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo truck picture removed

Ammo truck picture removed

The picture i posted of the truck unloading the 5.56 ball ammo had to be removed, the freight company requested John do so as it had & I quote "serious security implications"

Now the picture in question is in the public domain & was taken from a DSDA report/annual accounts published in 2010 which is freely available on the web. The report goes into detail on the activities at various depots around the country that handle all defence logistics’ including munitions so hardly a well kept secret!

I've e-mailed the UK manager of CTS the freight company in question offering to discuss the matter with her.

It begs the question how did she come to be aware of the picture on here in the first place, could we have a mischief maker amongst us.

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Tis well known that the Police, or at least certain forces, monitor this site. Could that be the answer?

It does seem a bit strange but then again this is the UK.

I have just taken a quick look at the report that you mention, as you say it is in the public domain and widely available on the internet. So what is the problem with the picture? Possibly yet another public servant boosting their over inflated ego by being petty?

Shock Horror! The army move ammunition by road! My god, I thought the reloaded in between firefights in Afghan!
    Whatever next?

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I have just taken a quick look at the report that you mention, as you say it is in the public domain and widely available on the internet. So what is the problem with the picture? Possibly yet another public servant boosting their over inflated ego by being petty?
    Not half as petty as the comments made on here there is far to many things on the net of this nature which the public don't need to see .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Not half as petty as the comments made on here there is far to many things on the net of this nature which the public don't need to see .
    That is probably the most appalling comment that I have read on this site, you are of course entitled to your opinion as I am to mine

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    That is probably the most appalling comment that I have read on this site, you are of course entitled to your opinion as I am to mine
    Grow up

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Grow up
    Just wondering who decides what we do and do not need to see?

I hope you told her to do one, on the basis that the information was public domain?

Indeed, since the report was published by order of the House of Commons, I'd be questioning whether even copyright arguments could apply, due to parliamentary privilege.
    Last edited by Labrat; 17-03-2012 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Just wondering who decides what we do and do not need to see?
    That's the people that we vote in which also deal with public security and public safety against any eventuality, that's why the information is restrictive so those that may wish to cause public disorder cannot and do not know or need to know strategy , if the information was public knowledge we would not stand any chance of keeping you the population safe from attack .

What would rather have freedom of information or safety for the population .

The UK has more CCTV than any other country in the world to (help used loosely) with this countries security ,giving you a safe place to live .