Thread: Leupold QRW Mounts

Leupold QRW Mounts

Anybody out there use these mounts?

I have 2 of my rifles fitted with these & i regularly take my scopes on/off when putting them into the cabinet. When it comes to shooting them again i find that zero hasnt altered any more than a half MOA

My mate just bought a set of these on my recomendation & his dont seem to work as well though. When he takes his scope off & puts it back on the zero can change as much as 4".

Has anyone else experienced this & how do you rate them?

got 4 sets of these and a set of warne, very good thats why got more , cant see why it should move as much as 4 inch is every thing tight ?

Obviously something is not right on the set up on your friends rifle. I have Leupold Q/R rings on a rifle but they are the lever operated that cam down onto a peg and not the Weaver type which I assume your talking about. Even normal weaver mounts and rings if fitted correctly will return to zero.

There is as I said something not right with the set up or the scope is buggered.

I have these and had a similar problem on my winchester 70 lite. i found the solution was to remove the winchester bases and replace them with a set of leupold bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Obviously something is not right on the set up on your friends rifle. I have Leupold Q/R rings on a rifle but they are the lever operated that cam down onto a peg and not the Weaver type which I assume your talking about. Even normal weaver mounts and rings if fitted correctly will return to zero.

There is as I said something not right with the set up or the scope is buggered.
    Kevin. I have the same set-up on my FN Commercial 6.5x55. Excellent! The local ranch store was closing out some old stock and I got two sets of rings for the price of one.~Muir

I use the QR peg type like Brithunter, they maintain zero time and time again.

I would check the set up to make sure the scope mounting is stress free. Could be a case of the scope being "pulled" one way or another as the rings are locked down.

Is the scope consistant when left mounted if so this should rule out any scope issues.

Hope my 2p helps.