Thread: Are shotgun slugs conditioned? (do they have to be conditioned?)

Are shotgun slugs conditioned? (do they have to be conditioned?)

Ok, so shotgun slugs should appear as ‘12 bore slug’ in the section for ammunition to be possessed and also to be purchased or acquired at any time.

But should they appear anywhere else on the FAC? I.e. conditioned in conditions section on what the slugs can be used for? As we know it is the ammunition for slugs that must appear on an FAC, as they can be used in a non-fac gun, so is it normal for slugs to have a condition adding and if not added does that mean they can be used on anything legal?

Yes they should be conditioned for use, my conditions regarding solid slugs read like this:

The 12 Bore smooth bore gun/solid slug shall be used for practical target shooting:a) on ranges suitable for the safe use of that class of firearm and with adequate financial arrangements are in place to meet any injury or damage claim, or:b) over a course of fire approved by a qualified member of the UKPSA on land over the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

I then have two further conditions concerning the shotgun but not the slug ammunition, one for shooting vermin and one for avian pest species.

Ian.

I have just about the same wording on my "conditions" so I would have to say "Yes", shotgun slugs have to be covered by Conditions and Restrictions on your F.A.C. governing their use.

Edited to show conditions and restrictions for my Section 1 Shotgun and "Slugs" on my F.A.C. I guess this is "standard wording" for conditions! There is also a restriction on the amount of "12g Slug Cartridges" can either hold or buy on my certificate - I can hold 60 and buy 40 but this doesn't effect or bother me too much as I "load my own"!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FAC Conditions.gif  
    Last edited by FrenchieBoy; 18-03-2012 at 08:51.

I have the following conditions for slug use on my Fac for Deer,Wildboar,Fox and for Practical/Target shooting with adequate financial arrangements are in place to meet any injury or damage claim, on land over the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

Bob.

Mine states...........The 12 bore solid slug ammunition shall be used for the shooting of deer and fox.

Gents, check your certificate, it says the chief officer MAY add conditions, We should not encourage the Police to think that we need conditions, it’s become an industry that we will pay for via certificate fess and does nothing for public safety which is the whole point of the law – I think