Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Yorkshire

South Yorkshire

Hi, all

Does anyone know of any stalking in,around the Doncaster area I know there's not vast amounts of deer. I know there is roe and red not to far from me but I have never heard of any opportunities.
    I know it's a long shot but its worth a try. I would be very thankful for any info.

Regards Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate hunter View Post
    Hi, all

Does anyone know of any stalking in,around the Doncaster area I know there's not vast amounts of deer. I know there is roe and red not to far from me but I have never heard of any opportunities.
    I know it's a long shot but its worth a try. I would be very thankful for any info.

Regards Andy
    Obviously I wish you good luck but I think you will be very lucky,we spent a day driving round looking for permission recently and while most people we spoke to were polite,I got the impression that I might as well look for hens teeth,we did however meet with one good response at another location we visited,but keep at it mate, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Obviously I wish you good luck but I think you will be very lucky,we spent a day driving round looking for permission recently and while most people we spoke to were polite,I got the impression that I might as well look for hens teeth,we did however meet with one good response at another location we visited,but keep at it mate, you never know.
    If you don't mind me asking was it around Doncaster you went?

Same here lads, Brodsworth and the other estates out my way are all stalked and managed mostly in-house. But then again my southern accent doesn't do me any favours (as I donta speaka de lingo) most farmers say no as soon as they hear me....my mate (a local) said I should start calling them all cock! LOL -

Another thing too....a lot of farmers have got together with game shoots and let the shooting lads presiding do what they like as long as they cover the keepering.

I stop and ask everytime I can -

T

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Same here lads, Brodsworth and the other estates out my way are all stalked and managed mostly in-house. But then again my southern accent doesn't do me any favours (as I donta speaka de lingo) most farmers say no as soon as they hear me....my mate (a local) said I should start calling them all cock! LOL -

Another thing too....a lot of farmers have got together with game shoots and let the shooting lads presiding do what they like as long as they cover the keepering.

I stop and ask everytime I can -

T
    I know them estates mate I use to go beating at hooton. I was hoping that somebody had some stalking around Thorne area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate hunter View Post
    If you don't mind me asking was it around Doncaster you went?
    yes we even called at a farm that had 4 roe in the crop,and it was pouring down with rain, we called at the farms both sides of the crop if that makes sense,both places we got the same response,polite but no lads my mate comes on foxing and does the deer as well,one guy even said round here mate tha ant got a f---in prayer cock, so that was that

Most of the land round here the farmers aren't that bothered about them being shot.

They may let you take one now and then but that's it, now and again meaning once every few years.

The rest is tied up with no chance

Steve

Yep had a lot of those responses!!

Although I won't give up, as nasty as it sounds someone somewhere will eventually take an offer of money to sway them, the amount used to sway may have to be over the top, but whatever works.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Yep had a lot of those responses!!

Although I won't give up, as nasty as it sounds someone somewhere will eventually take an offer of money to sway them, the amount used to sway may have to be over the top, but whatever works.

T
    that may be the way foreward mate, but for me I think a change of location is on the cards Im all for persisting but flogging a dead horse is the term that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WARDY1 View Post
    Most of the land round here the farmers aren't that bothered about them being shot.

They may let you take one now and then but that's it, now and again meaning once every few years.

The rest is tied up with no chance

Steve
    Trouble is there are too many dog men around Donny, what is worse is the fact that most have permission to take the deer/whatever and they prefer to use dogs on Roe - for sport!!! I've heard this first hand through people I've met that gave land

I walked around the country show at Thoresby today and there were dog men everywhere, easily recognisable with the lurcher/staffy crosses. Ugly looking dogs.

Oh and good show for the kids to see owls/ferrets/food and crafts -

T