Thread: lamping

lamping

I use a lightforce 170 just wondered if HID is the way to go opinons please lads

I have used HID whilst diving. It is very good and powerful, but............. It is designed to be switched on and left on, rather than flicked on and off. Constant switching on and off shortens the life of the bulb dramatically. Also it doesn't go to full power immediately. I think it takes 15 to 30 seconds before it reaches full power.

Of course somebody might have overcome these problems by now. I'm sure someone will correct me if so.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

SD Regular
    Go LED. Comparable now in power and price IMO.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

HID are great but I agree with SS. if you want all the light now when you flick the switch it is not for you.
    I have just gone from bulb to LED and like it, especially the power pack! Lithium can power LED's for much longer leading to smaller batteries.
    mine is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and weighs about the same as a pack of butter

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    HID are great but I agree with SS. if you want all the light now when you flick the switch it is not for you.
    I have just gone from bulb to LED and like it, especially the power pack! Lithium can power LED's for much longer leading to smaller batteries.
    mine is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and weighs about the same as a pack of butter
    hi can you get led to fit the lightforce lamps