Available: Testing the water..Kill it, cook it,eat it, weekends staying in a yurt.

devon deer stalker

Hi All,

Just testing the water here, the idea is to offer week/weekends staying on my friends farm, the accommodation is in yurts or bell tents, take a look at the pictures below, showers and kitchen available on-site, you can also have your own camp fire/bbq outside your yurt.

Stalking would take place between the months of May and the middle of October each year, i can cater for 2 stalkers, one accompanied and the other in a high seat, or an additional stalker can be catered for with advance booking so i can employ another guide.
You could always bring your family down, there is plenty of room in a yurt.
So the idea would be, stalk, shoot, butcher and cook.
Obviously venison is better hung for a while, so i will supply that from my chiller/freezer, then you have the opportunity to buy the venison you shoot and butcher and take it home.

Those months are also in the fishing season, so as i am a qualified fly fishing instructor and guide that could be added onto the whole experience, just slap a rainbow trout on the bbq, yummee!

As i say, its just an idea at the moment, but is it something people would be interested in?

I cant give an idea of costs yet, but my outing fee would be reduced according to how many stalkers attend.

yurt.jpg

Yurtoutlook.jpg

Insideyurt.jpg

Cheers

Richard

i like it very much good enough for ghengis ........good enough for foxxer let us know when you decide
how much sheckles you will charge

I think it's a great idea. It could be a family thing, the wife and kids can do their own thing while hubby is shooting. The price would be a big decider for most people, but that family angle would get the non shooter of the house onboard.

I fully appreciate the cost is a factor, but renting a yurt as a family, or as close stalking buds will be reasonable compared to a caravan on sandy bay near exmouth!
Even without my proposal his yurts are very popular, but come september it tails off, just as the reds are thinking about starting the rut, and we have reds on my permission on his farm, i will have further discussions with him and work out a guide price if i get enough interest on here.
By the way, its not embercoombe.
Cheers
Richard

That sounds like my idea of heaven, but as most people have said would be COST, and convincing the family to come on MY holiday instead of the beach,
Weekender sounds good maybe through a bit of foxing in at nignt fishing on the sunday before the long drive home

Get some rough prices sorted and see the feed back

Sam

Looks a cracking offer Richard..

Id rather be staying in one of them yurts than the digs ive been in working away from home lately..

Still got them sticks pal

Terry

Where would you put the rifles? Not being smart just a question.
That is a very good question, and i admit i hadnt thought about it, not a problem using my rifle under the estate rifle facility, but obviously you might want to bring your own, any suggestions anyone?
I suppose i could get a gun cabinet installed specifically for guests and fit it in the farm house, i think it might be a question for my FLO.
I wonder if the rifle is kept with the owner at all times and dismantled i.e. he/she locks the bolt in glove compartment of car this would suffice?
Cheers
Richard

I use to stop and eat in one in the south of Kazakhstan years ago on the way to Uzbec and have to say they are immense inside and would be a very atmospheric family treat .

Cheers

Brilliant idea for a three or four day break you could add pigeon shooting and you got yourself a sort of Mcnab if you did all three in one day.

Back