Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Boiler and Sprayer

Wanted Boiler and Sprayer

I have a few Roe heads in my freezer and intended to get them boiled and cleaned, but now, am not in a position to do it.
    Is there anybody in the Salisbury area or thereabouts, within reason, that could do the job for me.
    All I want is for them to be boiled and cleaned, I believe the new method of cleaning is with the use of a pressure sprayer.
    I would expect to pay, but as I have a few I have my fingers crossed that it won't cost too much, maybe a bulk discount !!
    I wouldn't be too fussy about a small bit of the coronets getting boiled as they can be coloured later but I wouldn't want the whole antler boiled. Anybody that has done it before will understand what I am saying.
    Any offers would be very appreciated.

You are to far away from me, but the going rate is 25 -30 per head

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    You are to far away from me, but the going rate is 25 -30 per head
    Before I retired I did them, cleaned, cut and mounted on an oak shield for 25 so wouldn't expect to pay that sort of money for just boiling and de-fleshing.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Before I retired I did them, cleaned, cut and mounted on an oak shield for 25 so wouldn't expect to pay that sort of money for just boiling and de-fleshing.
    You'll be doing them yourself then!

That's been the going rate for a few years now

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post
    You'll be doing them yourself then! That's been the going rate for a few years now
    My new neighbours would not be too happy about the smell and I do not have the space to use a Pressure hose otherwise I would be doing them myself

EMcC how many is it you need doing i've got ot run my boiler up for a day and i might be able to fit them in around the fallow heads!

Martin

Same question as above Eddy, how many is it? I could probably help with a couple but don't have much time at the moment.... failing that you are welcome to borrow my Burco and head clamp!

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I have a few Roe heads in my freezer and intended to get them boiled and cleaned, but now, am not in a position to do it.
    Is there anybody in the Salisbury area or thereabouts, within reason, that could do the job for me.
    All I want is for them to be boiled and cleaned, I believe the new method of cleaning is with the use of a pressure sprayer.
    I would expect to pay, but as I have a few I have my fingers crossed that it won't cost too much, maybe a bulk discount !!
    I wouldn't be too fussy about a small bit of the coronets getting boiled as they can be coloured later but I wouldn't want the whole antler boiled. Anybody that has done it before will understand what I am saying.
    Any offers would be very appreciated.
    Eddy naa problem just bring them to the next wiltshire somerset meet up .
    I know a certain person who will be there that is mustard at strippng things apart
    regards pete .

Clare fowler at Freedom taxidermy isn't too far, she offers skull prep and mounting, google her for contact details.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Clare fowler at Freedom taxidermy isn't too far, she offers skull prep and mounting, google her for contact details.
    Thanks for the pointer but I only needed them boiled and stripped, I can do the cutting and mounting, if any are suitable, myself.
    I have had a very kind offer from a gentleman on the site and from our conversation I gather he knows what I want and isn't going to charge the earth, so well done SD again.
    Thanks all.
    Pete, I know who you mean, good at stripping but not too good at re-assembly !!!!!!!!!!!!!