Thread: Novice

Novice

Hello, my name is John and I live in Renfrewshire Scotland. I have always loved fishing and wanted to get involved in shooting but never had the time. Started a couple of years ago with some clay pidgeon shooting and moved on to ducks and geese. Now I would really like to do some stalking, I have signed up for the DSC1 and I think it's great as I had no previous experience of deer. I have applied for my FAC which I hope won't be a problem. I have started looking around for rifles, scopes ect, so I guess I'll be asking some basic questions on other sections of the forum. After that I guess the next thing is getting experience and the best way to get it.
    That's me for now
    All the best Jodi

Hiya mate - welcome to the site - scrun

Hello Jodi, welcome to the site.

You've picked a great community to join and will get plenty of help, advice and maybe some shooting opportunities along the way. You live in a fantastic part of the country to indulge yourself in some great stalking, and you have great fishing too (no envy here of course!). Take your time to learn. You would expect me to say this.... but have a look at my website for a lot of free information through the best practice guides and videos etc, and check out some of the stalking services in Scotland where you can take your DSC when the time is right. Oh, and while your there, 'have a go for free' to see how it all works :-) Seriously though, you will need your DSC at some stage so whichever learning route you chose, good luck with it, and with your future shooting. Keep us informed of how it progresses.

Cheers, Steve

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by DSC trainer View Post
    Hello Jodi, welcome to the site.

You've picked a great community to join and will get plenty of help, advice and maybe some shooting opportunities along the way. You live in a fantastic part of the country to indulge yourself in some great stalking, and you have great fishing too (no envy here of course!). Take your time to learn. You would expect me to say this.... but have a look at my website for a lot of free information through the best practice guides and videos etc, and check out some of the stalking services in Scotland where you can take your DSC when the time is right. Oh, and while your there, 'have a go for free' to see how it all works :-) Seriously though, you will need your DSC at some stage so whichever learning route you chose, good luck with it, and with your future shooting. Keep us informed of how it progresses.

Cheers, Steve
    Thanks for the advice Steve, I just had a look at your site and it looks good. I just received the BDS DVD for the DSC1 and it looks really good as well. I work away from home a lot so getting access to the internet is not always easy. Anyway I'm in no rush but I have been looking around at rifles, scopes and things, can't wait really