Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Monthly Shooting Magazine???? - Thoughts

Best Monthly Shooting Magazine???? - Thoughts

My wife this afternoon decided to sort out the magazine rack only to comment on the variety of shooting mags!

I never really thought about it but purchasing every mag on the shelf has tuned out to be a fairly pricey adventure.*

As much as I love reading about the latest Gucci kit, it's rare that I purchase anything on advertorials, but rather on what works and recommended personally.*

So my question is who buys what???

Don't have a subscription but i sometimes get 'Shooting sports' - It's got a mix of just about everything shootingwise in it.
    On the other hand I did have a subscription to Airgunner (my route to shooting generally came from that direction), It is without the worst magazine i have ever read.

sporting gun, usually get that mag as its the best for classified ads with two or three pages most months

Soldier magazine, magazine of the British army!

The two magazines I buy regularly aren't monthly; Shooting Times and the quarterly Fieldsports. I occassionally buy others if there is an article that interests me.
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 19-03-2012 at 20:23. Reason: spelling.

I have found Sporting Rifle has good articles without to much advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by AllThingsShooting View Post
    My wife this afternoon decided to sort out the magazine rack only to comment on the variety of shooting mags!

I never really thought about it but purchasing every mag on the shelf has tuned out to be a fairly pricey adventure.*

As much as I love reading about the latest Gucci kit, it's rare that I purchase anything on advertorials, but rather on what works and recommended personally.*

So my question is who buys what???
    I bring home copies of shooting sports and sporting rifle from the gun club and really only enjoy reading the new equipment and stuff that comes out can't say I would pay for a copy of either though.....
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; 19-03-2012 at 20:28.