Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You Wouldn't Believe It Unless You Saw It

You Wouldn't Believe It Unless You Saw It

Driving to work today on the motorway as it was getting light, I saw a shape on the hard shoulder of the opposite carriageway. It looked like a roe deer had been struck, but as it had its head up, it looked like it was still alive. A few feet away on the grass verge was a fox. I left at the next junction and came back the way. When I pulled in I discovered it was a roe doe and she was still alive, but very badly injured. I despatched her and removed her from the location and on examining her closely it looked like the fox had spent some time eating one of her haunches while she was still alive. Quite gruesome.Anyone seen anything like this before.

Nelson.

Not on deer but on lambs and sheep.

I saw the photos.

Any fluffy wuffy Disney believing tree huggers out there who thing nature is not cruel...

If there is a free me had old fox is always on hand . Shame about the deer

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimmick View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimmick View Post
    +2 That was a very lucky deer - both that you spotted it and had the decency to go back. Very well done.

Standard practice for wolfs, the genitals is the soft easyway in for them, even young inexperienced deer dogs will go for that area rather than the throat.

ATB

Tahr

I can believe it pal I've seen Charlie do weird and wonderful things.

Andy

Thanks for the replies. It was just starting to get busy so Charlie had to sit back out the way. It looked like he had been chewing at the back end for quite a while. Ironically, I had been asked to attend a fox shoot today but couldn't make it as I was working.

Atb,
    Nelson.

Just nature. A hungry fox and a good meal.