Thread: Another Side

Another Side

There is always much talk and fury on here when a person sneaks off with anothers stalking but here's one from the other side. I do a fair bit of vermin control. I get most of my fox work by word of mouth. One happy farmer tells another and so on. Tonight I got a phone call from a farmer I have done work for before. I know that he has got other guys shooting on his ground. It begs a question - why not phone them? The farmer knows that I will go onto the ground and his problems will be resolved but I know if I did so the other guys who have the shooting would not be best pleased. I also know that if the farmers problem is not quickly resolved instead of a good word being spread about it will be don't phone him he's no good or he could not do the job.
    I even mentioned it to the farmer, what about ????, his reply - I'm giving you the same right as they have (they don't pay for shooting rights) there is no problem. I'm loosing lambs I want it sorted.

Same senario could apply to deer control work. Pehaps there is a moral - if you have ground that you do not pay for and/or do not have a contract make sure you listen to the requirements of your landowner and be prepared to put in the time and effort necessary.

iF A FARMER PHONES ME I SORT IT JOB DONE IF YOU WERE ON THE GROUND AND NOT DOING A JOB THATS TOUGH

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    There is always much talk and fury on here when a person sneaks off with anothers stalking but here's one from the other side. I do a fair bit of vermin control. I get most of my fox work by word of mouth. One happy farmer tells another and so on. Tonight I got a phone call from a farmer I have done work for before. I know that he has got other guys shooting on his ground. It begs a question - why not phone them? The farmer knows that I will go onto the ground and his problems will be resolved but I know if I did so the other guys who have the shooting would not be best pleased. I also know that if the farmers problem is not quickly resolved instead of a good word being spread about it will be don't phone him he's no good or he could not do the job.
    I even mentioned it to the farmer, what about ????, his reply - I'm giving you the same right as they have (they don't pay for shooting rights) there is no problem. I'm loosing lambs I want it sorted.

Same senario could apply to deer control work. Pehaps there is a moral - if you have ground that you do not pay for and/or do not have a contract make sure you listen to the requirements of your landowner and be prepared to put in the time and effort necessary.
    Get out and get it done if the other guy isn't doing the job you do it .

The farmer my just ask someone else ,been there done that ,there's other guys shoot some of the ground I shoot there fair weather not on a football day night ,the farmer wanted the problem resolved I got the call I done the job no matter if it's deer fox or rabbit resolve the problem ,that's why you got the call.

I currently have a similar situation. One of my customers at the garage who rents a small piece of land from a farmer asked me to shoot foxes that had got in his allotment, but I know that someone else shoots the rest of the farm. So I told him to clear it with the farmer first, I don't want to ruffle any feathers... even though it's happened to me in the past.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Simple really, if the landowner thinks you are doing the best job, he will not want anyone else!