Thread: Best Nosler Partition for .243

Established Poster

Best Nosler Partition for .243

I am going to load for a .243 and want to use Nosler partitions what weight do you find the best for
    accuracy and performance?
    Cheers
    Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by robertw View Post
    I am going to load for a .243 and want to use Nosler partitions what weight do you find the best for
    Cheers
    Robert.
    Hi, I am using 85 gn at the moment, grouping quite well though still early days for load development...Tikka 243 barrel

Cheers
    Robert.
    what rifle and what twist?
    What are you shooting?

Established Poster
    Don't know what rifle, twist is 10" I am loading for a dude in New Caledonia to hunt deer and pigs just trying to decide which is best 6mm Partition to use I don't hunt with a 6mm so don't have any hands on experience.

how on earth will you be able to load for a rifle you won't also test? could come out lucky, but likely also come out splattering everywhere! good luck though, but I know I wouldn't want to be in receipt of someone else's untested handloads. sorry for the negativity, but you could be wasting your time, and his money

Established Poster
    Not a problem I do it all the time most of the people I load for I don't have their rifles, it's a hassle to send a rifle
    by courier, I do a series of loads working up like you do if you have the rifle send them to the customer to test they
    tell me which load is the best, works quite well I have good results my ammo generally is more accurate than factory
    I don't load hot rod loads best accuracy is below maximum,
    All I am after is some information on how 6mm partition projectiles perform in a .243 as I don't hunt with one and don't know any one that does, I thought as the .243 is popular on this site for deer stalking I could get some help

Hello I havent used partitions but get on very well with 95gr. nosler silver tips over 37.5 grs. of H380 with oal. 2.2670" this is through a ruger m77 .243 with a twist of 1 in 9.5". Hope this is of some use!

I use 85g partitions in my .243, grouping at half inch. Terminal performance is excellent.

Don't know what rifle, twist is 10" I am loading for a dude in New Caledonia to hunt deer and pigs just trying to decide which is best 6mm Partition to use I don't hunt with a 6mm so don't have any hands on experience.
    If he's going to be hunting pigs with a .243 and the rifle likes them, go as heavy as possible.
    I started load testing 100gr partition and got some good results with N160.

Good luck.