Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They will always need you, before you need them!

They will always need you, before you need them!

They being the landowner,...... about eight months ago , Mike & I were requested out of the blue to cease & desist the fox & rabbit control on a farm that lies about a mile from my home, no explanations, no reasons, ..... a few rumours , all groundless,... C'est la Vie..., anyways, phone goes at 08.30 Monday morning, I'm around gate 38, M6 Northbound, this same farmer wails he's had two lambs go missing without trace, & a further one badly mauled around the cheek, so I say I'll be on the ground as soon as I get home,(now I'm in the shower 04.50, five days a week, & often not home till 22.00), but Lady Luck smiles on me, & I get in the house at a decent enough time to be at the farm & in the oft used position on top of a container by 17.30, farmer comes out for a chat , & says the problem is at the front of the house, I say it's OK!,they always come through here ,............ I figured this dog is going to be out early to feed his dens, sure enough, 19.15, boiler room shot @ 160 yards with one of these new Nosler shotz soft points, (Roo bullets) perfect for Roe I think.... Early bath, back in good books! Result.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    They being the landowner,...... about eight months ago , Mike & I were requested out of the blue to cease & desist the fox & rabbit control on a farm that lies about a mile from my home, no explanations, no reasons, ..... a few rumours , all groundless,... C'est la Vie..., anyways, phone goes at 08.30 Monday morning, I'm around gate 38, M6 Northbound, this same farmer wails he's had two lambs go missing without trace, & a further one badly mauled around the cheek, so I say I'll be on the ground as soon as I get home,(now I'm in the shower 04.50, five days a week, & often not home till 22.00), but Lady Luck smiles on me, & I get in the house at a decent enough time to be at the farm & in the oft used position on top of a container by 17.30, farmer comes out for a chat , & says the problem is at the front of the house, I say it's OK!,they always come through here ,............ I figured this dog is going to be out early to feed his dens, sure enough, 19.15, boiler room shot @ 160 yards with one of these new Nosler shotz soft points, (Roo bullets) perfect for Roe I think.... Early bath, back in good books! Result.
    Excellent stuff! I'm on the trail of a lamb-killer too. I nearly got it last night, but the bleddy wind was wrong and it scented me before I could shoot it. Looks like I'll be back up there tonight...

Paddy, get a bit of height!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Paddy, get a bit of height!!
    I had plenty of height - I was at the top of a bleddy great hill.

But so was the fox...

Went up a hill & came down a mountain!............... have a look at those cherry picker thingy's!

I'd have said no thanks i'm to busy !!

Turns out he'd had a bit of pressure applied from some local unsavoury, must have seen us lamping a while back, funny how these types are willing to mither an old farmer, but don't have the backbone for an out of hours talk with the people concerned.

have a look at those cherry picker thingy's!
    Ha, ha - you've never seen Exmoor mud, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Ha, ha - you've never seen Exmoor mud, have you?
    You think it would be a problem then ?

Attachment 13807

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    You think it would be a problem then ?

Attachment 13807

Neil.
    Pah - call that mud?

Nice toy though!