They will always need you, before you need them!

finnbear270

They being the landowner,...... about eight months ago , Mike & I were requested out of the blue to cease & desist the fox & rabbit control on a farm that lies about a mile from my home, no explanations, no reasons, ..... a few rumours , all groundless,... C'est la Vie..., anyways, phone goes at 08.30 Monday morning, I'm around gate 38, M6 Northbound, this same farmer wails he's had two lambs go missing without trace, & a further one badly mauled around the cheek, so I say I'll be on the ground as soon as I get home,(now I'm in the shower 04.50, five days a week, & often not home till 22.00), but Lady Luck smiles on me, & I get in the house at a decent enough time to be at the farm & in the oft used position on top of a container by 17.30, farmer comes out for a chat :rolleyes:, & says the problem is at the front of the house, I say it's OK!,they always come through here ;),............ I figured this dog is going to be out early to feed his dens, sure enough, 19.15, boiler room shot @ 160 yards with one of these new Nosler shotz soft points, (Roo bullets) perfect for Roe I think.... Early bath, back in good books!:) Result.

They being the landowner,...... about eight months ago , Mike & I were requested out of the blue to cease & desist the fox & rabbit control on a farm that lies about a mile from my home, no explanations, no reasons, ..... a few rumours , all groundless,... C'est la Vie..., anyways, phone goes at 08.30 Monday morning, I'm around gate 38, M6 Northbound, this same farmer wails he's had two lambs go missing without trace, & a further one badly mauled around the cheek, so I say I'll be on the ground as soon as I get home,(now I'm in the shower 04.50, five days a week, & often not home till 22.00), but Lady Luck smiles on me, & I get in the house at a decent enough time to be at the farm & in the oft used position on top of a container by 17.30, farmer comes out for a chat :rolleyes:, & says the problem is at the front of the house, I say it's OK!,they always come through here ;),............ I figured this dog is going to be out early to feed his dens, sure enough, 19.15, boiler room shot @ 160 yards with one of these new Nosler shotz soft points, (Roo bullets) perfect for Roe I think.... Early bath, back in good books!:) Result.

Excellent stuff! I'm on the trail of a lamb-killer too. I nearly got it last night, but the bleddy wind was wrong and it scented me before I could shoot it. Looks like I'll be back up there tonight...

Turns out he'd had a bit of pressure applied from some local unsavoury, must have seen us lamping a while back, funny how these types are willing to mither an old farmer, but don't have the backbone for an out of hours talk with the people concerned.

Should have asked for half the value of destroyed livestock in return for future savings, and to think twice about ****ing you about in future.

At the hole in the wall last weekend, to draw some fuel & range fee monies, I turned away to get back in Mike's truck, when a raised voice say's "Hi, how are you?", I look up to see a farmer who's ground I used to shoot Rabbits on, until a local wormed his way in, I returned his greeting & asked how his Rabbit populations were, (he suffers from railway mainline embankment syndrome!:lol:), a crestfallen reply followed, "Bloody millions of em'!", I gave him one of my cards, & as I don't keep any inactive contacts in the phone, I offered him to ring me "Sometime" :lol:, needless to say, it was really good to be back on some nice ground, short of an extended Mxy attack, producing a dent in this lot is going to enjoyable, & prolonged.;)

Back