Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stalking Isle of Cumbrae?

stalking Isle of Cumbrae?

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate etiquette, so please correct me if not.

I will be teaching on a university field course on the island of Great Cumbrae in the Clyde estuary, during April.

Does anyone know if there might be any stalking (or even rabbit shooting) available, or which I could negotiate with a landowner during that period? I'm new to arranging this sort of thing in the UK, so would be very grateful for advice.

Many thanks.

Is Cumbrae big enough for rabbits, let alone deer?

Just!

Great Cumbrae definitely has rabbits, and I'd be very surprised if there weren't roe on it as well. Little Cumbrae is another matter!

There was thousands of rabbits on the island large and small cumbrae no deer it's been 9 years since I last shot on the island if your going to the marine biology station ask for Robin he will know what the script is on the large island .

Don't think there are any deer on cumbrae, and don't look across the water its mine

Don't think there are any deer on Cumbrae, and don't look across the water its mine

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Don't think there are any deer on Cumbrae, and don't look across the water its mine
    What way west or east BT

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Oops seem to have posted twice don't know how that happened.

im in a small rough shoot on the island also shoot the golf course and most of the island for rabbits not a lot about theres no fox but there is 1 roe iv been asked by one farmer to shoot it but id be hounded by the locals if i did so no theres no deer stalking ,as i say theres not the number of rabbits there used to be but they might pick up