Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna 365 chainsaw new model

Account Suspended

Husqvarna 365 chainsaw new model

My 3 year old Husky 365 chainsaw was nicked out of the back of my pick-up a couple of months back. Theiving gits!

Anyhow, after a load of faffing about where my insurers tried to palm me off with an offer that was 150 shy of what they should have paid a which resulted in me having to complain and threaten invocation of the Financial Services Obudsman, the correct amount of payout finally arrived in my bank account yesterday.

I intended just buying the same model of saw again but now I find the spec has changed. It reads well, new "X torq" engine, up by about 5cc in capacity from the old one (to 71cc) power up from 3.4kw to 3.6kw, weight almost the same and noise levels down, all good stuff... on paper.

Have any of you tried this new model and have you any comments to make on it before I part with my cash? all 444.66 of it.

Incidentally, the old saw fitted my needs beautifully, with a 20" bar, so I would not think a dinky little 50cc model will cut the mustard at all. And... as it happens I do have an ancient 47cc Husky with a 14" bar anyway, just in case someone thinks I don't need the power of the 365.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimmick View Post
    Stihl everytime!

You're probably right and if I could pass the costs on to customers I would maybe "turn"... but I'm just felling trees and doing maintainance for my own needs and Huskies are good (my old wee one has been brashing and logging for 20 years already). So, the few hundred quid extra for the Stihl stays in my pocket.

I have found Plummer Bros in Fife very helpful on the Huskie front. Regards JCS

I Bought a
    Husqvarna 435 Chainsaw with Spare Chain 965167335 1 Excl. VAT: 224.99
    Incl. VAT: 269.99
    from sales@tools4thegarden.co.uk and I am very pleased with it other than hitting a nail and having to change for spare I thought it was good value!
    Bill

Tamus
    same happened to me i had 3 stihl chainsaws nicked and replaced them with huskys
    i have the new 365 with 20 inch bar fitted , its pretty good , cant fault it
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    Tamus
    same happened to me i had 3 stihl chainsaws nicked and replaced them with huskys
    i have the new 365 with 20 inch bar fitted , its pretty good , cant fault it
    Good!

I thought it would likely be OK, going by experience of the old model and the sales blurb on the new one, but it's nice to have another opinon.

So, order placed.

Thanks.

ps. Sorry to hear you lost your saws too, there seems to have been a lot of "visitors" helping themselves to stuff in the South of Scotland recently. The Big Constable who logged my loss said something about "travelling folk" in the area. No idea what he meant .....but if he really knew who to suspect I dunno why it doesn't get dealt with.

I have a 372 24" bar which is brilliant. I have to say most of the pro forestry guys (of which I am not one) seem to use Huskies.

David.

My "All Plastic" Husky feeds the chimneys here very well!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    Incidentally, the old saw fitted my needs beautifully, with a 20" bar, so I would not think a dinky little 50cc model will cut the mustard at all.
    It seems you favour long barrels and long bars...

346XP user here... it's not the size of it that counts...