Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when work gets in the way of shooting

when work gets in the way of shooting

i often work from home and from my office i can see down to a river than runs approx 90 meters away. i would leave bird seed out at the river for the song birds which is visited regularly visited by grey squirrels. today i was talking to a customer on the phone for about 30 mins regarding an upcoming project while scanning for squirrels. there was a squirrel at the seed for about 25 minutes right up until the point were i got off the phone and grabbed the 17hmr , that i always keep in the office with me for this very occasion. Hate it when work gets in the way but it should be thankful

keith

Ditto - there's one last magpie out there but he knows when I'm on the phone...

You should have just shot it, I would
    I have shot a few rabbits from the truck window while talking to people on the mobile, they have never
    heard the shot, not even other shooters.

Neil.

Perhaps we need to start an e petition for a 2 day working week and a 5 day weekend.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

'that's right if we order... hold on a moment just got to.... crack.... got the barsurd.... where was I'

Soo this is what happens every time I get put on hold..

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    You should have just shot it, I would
    I have shot a few rabbits from the truck window while talking to people on the mobile, they have never
    heard the shot, not even other shooters.

Neil.
    Can't hold phone, open window, get gun, etc. all at once without dropping something - must get a headset with a long wire!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Lol @ HMR 'in the office'
    The joys of country living. Sniping magpies from the bedroom window.

I think a speaker phone in the office might be the answer...
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

This week I've been sat in the office looking out on an airfield with hares and corvids taunting me. I don't think Air traffic would be happy with me taking pot shots out the window. I don't think you should HAVE to go to work the day after you've been off.