Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Too busy to sell guns?.

  1. #1

    Too busy to sell guns?.

    I realise from some of the comments from trade members that "there are a lot of time wasters out there" but after two emails and one phone call to a gunshop asking for photo's of the gun to be emailed I am still photo-less and have given up. Just how are you supposed to let them know that you are not the dreaded time waster?.

    Maybe they are so confident that they will sell the gun anyway that they didn't bother but I think it is rude not to reply to emails and to not follow through on a promise to send photo's.

    More training required / lessons to be learned perhaps?.

    Moan over.

    fraser

  2. #2
    most of us are bargin hunters now,i have my 30-06 on here for sale,i expected it to go strait away,ive had a few intrested but no takers.did post pictures though,good ones too.

  3. #3
    Not just the gun trade. I have spent all week waiting for people to get back to me or send quotes so I can place orders. Some of these deals are worth 25k and still people can't be stars to ring back.

    Ezzy

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    I realise from some of the comments from trade members that "there are a lot of time wasters out there" but after two emails and one phone call to a gunshop asking for photo's of the gun to be emailed I am still photo-less and have given up. Just how are you supposed to let them know that you are not the dreaded time waster?.

    Maybe they are so confident that they will sell the gun anyway that they didn't bother but I think it is rude not to reply to emails and to not follow through on a promise to send photo's.

    More training required / lessons to be learned perhaps?.

    Moan over.

    fraser
    Well I've emailed a 3 gun shops regarding a new rifle and had no reply which gets my back up left it a week so thought I would give them a call and all of them conveniently never received my emails which is a load of tosh,now I don't normally just email shops prefer to phone but it's much more convinent to email them I can copy and paste the same message in minuets does get my goat that they don't bother to reply......

  5. #5
    Well one one the problems, and this is an across the board statement and not specific to our interest here. Service levels in this country are generally rubbish.
    And that is the professional in me speaking, not a general moan.
    Unfortunately timewasters are a part and parcel of business but you only need to lose one customer through bad service. I am happy to spend money with people who can take the time to respond to queries. I run the principle that if people can't be bothered to respond to me before they take my money (allowing a margin of error such as an email not getting through) then what the f*** are they going to be like when they do have my money.

    That is of course providing supply outstrips demand.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

  6. #6
    in our line of work i always try to treat people as i would like to be treated,you listen to questions how ever daft they seem, just because it is obvious to you it may not be to them,you need to take as much time as the customer wants/needs and explain things clearly and make sure they understand how things work/operate.some times emails do get lost in space or blocked by security measures and if you try to return phone calls the person you are trying to call may not be available at that time and then you get caught up with other work so i try to catch them the next day hopefully
    Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Well one one the problems, and this is an across the board statement and not specific to our interest here. Service levels in this country are generally rubbish.
    And that is the professional in me speaking, not a general moan.
    Unfortunately timewasters are a part and parcel of business but you only need to lose one customer through bad service. I am happy to spend money with people who can take the time to respond to queries. I run the principle that if people can't be bothered to respond to me before they take my money (allowing a margin of error such as an email not getting through) then what the f*** are they going to be like when they do have my money.

    That is of course providing supply outstrips demand.
    Yep what they don't realise is I've got the money burning a hole in my pocket the one who replies with simple questions would probably get my order but it won't be with the three who I've already emailed there loss not mine

  8. #8
    Got to agree with the singing stalker on this one the customer service in this country is mostly ****e across the board, however you can still be pleasantly suprised occasionally. I never really noticed this fact until I had a short spell down under and experienced proper customer care no matter what you were spending.

  9. #9
    As you say it ant just gun shops.

    Phoned a car dealer a couple of weeks back to enquire about a Hilux & was told that the lad that deals with the 4X4 was with some one & he would call back.
    He did the next day & i asked about some photos, no problem was the reply, still waiting on the photos.
    His loss as i will getting a new shiney on in a couple of months.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKY View Post
    As you say it ant just gun shops.

    Phoned a car dealer a couple of weeks back to enquire about a Hilux & was told that the lad that deals with the 4X4 was with some one & he would call back.
    He did the next day & i asked about some photos, no problem was the reply, still waiting on the photos.
    His loss as i will getting a new shiney on in a couple of months.
    Just remember to let him know that... Even better go and show it to him when you got it to make the point stick.

    Friend in the US did this wanted a new pick up for the farm when to the local dealer and got the run around.. All they wante was to sell the finance package and all the whistles and bells not listen to what he wanted.

    Whilst on a trip to another town saw a dealership so called in and got hooked up with a brand new last years spec one for a cash deal.. Unlike the UK where they take days to do a PDI and prep he called back a few hours later and drove the new truck straight to the other dealer showed him the invoice and said your loss bud then on home to the farm.

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale few guns to sell
    By riggers in forum Firearms
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-11-2011, 15:37
  2. Busy morning
    By biglad in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-09-2011, 13:37
  3. Busy week.........
    By re'M'ington in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-01-2011, 22:21
  4. busy week ahead
    By gelert in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 15:14
  5. Busy Day Today
    By Stand Buck in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-09-2009, 07:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •