Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ravens

ravens

just about everywhere ive been over the last couple of years ive either heard them or seen them,i guess there usual habitats have been disturbed and they have moved elsewhere.

buzzards, kites , and ravens ,the ravens do make a lovely sound though dont they ! got them all here .

A problem for the future if they arnt already.

Have them here, but enjoy seeing them, do not consider them a pest.

No shortage here, either !

i can usually imatate there call quite well and they call back,last year where i was working there was 4,not sure if it was 2 pairs,most people dont know they are ravens,they think there crows,they are really big close up,huge beak

the sheep farmers round here dont like the ravens much a they have the eyes out the lambs they not scared off by the ewe

Buzzards by the dozen around here and the Ravens are becoming increasingly common, no sign of any kites yet.

Quote Originally Posted by devonfoxer View Post
    the sheep farmers round here dont like the ravens much a they have the eyes out the lambs they not scared off by the ewe
    And here. The poultry farmers hate them too - the number of young birds they take is dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Buzzards by the dozen around here and the Ravens are becoming increasingly common, no sign of any kites yet.
    They're not far away from the Isle of Wight. I was watching a pair of kites near Lulworth the other day, so that is only about 30 miles(ish?) as the crow flies I guess.
    You might have Kites sooner than you think