Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argh

Argh

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...PYCTjFuNtI-5tk

What's caused this?!

Doesn't look right and only loaded 2 rounds but WTF?

Nick

SD Regular
    What is it that you're not happy with? (Not saying I don't see owt, just wanting to know why you're unhappy - you've done the loading)
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

The indentation around the neck

I'll take a guess, loaded over length and then over crimped in the same operation.
    I say that because I had something very similar happen when loading .223 with a Lee Classic loader.
    When I reversed the die and tapped it to crimp I hit it too hard, resulted in the case neck crushing back into the shoulder.

Neil.

Ive had similar problems, it was caused by swapping between different types of dies for different calibres and setting one die up incorrectly for the type of die.

How do I get it to load like the other 20 loaded with the same dies (On my friends press)??

Account Suspended
    I'll risk putting my foot right in it.

This round was assembled after neck-sizing only... was it?

SD Regular
    ....and I know I'm going to get shot down......so I apologise in advance...... but let's establish some basic facts.

You have confirmed (not assumed) that you are loading the right brass with the right heads using the right sized dies - right?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

cant see a lot on the Pictures but it looks a little like a dent on the shoulder if it is a dent in the shoulder that can often be too much lube on the case or built up in the die