Thread: Bitches season

Bitches season

My bitch has just started her third season and so it would appear that they are 8 to 9 months apart.

In her previous 2 seasons she has become very very swollen and then began to bleed however this time she has been bleeding for nearly 10 days but no swelling whatsoever. I have read up a couple of books and a few pages on the internet and all appear to indicate it is normal for swelling to comes first.

Everything else is the same as usual with her being in season - being picky with her food, change in coat, being very attention seeking.

Is this anything I should worry about?

I would just keep a eye on her mate a couple off mine bleed first then swell up.

Not had a lot of bitches but all had bleeding first and then swelling in the later stages as they approached optimum time for mating. Think you may find that now she has matured a bit this will be her pattern.

Show of blood and as the blood lessens in its darkness the fanny swells normal but some just brake from that. May be time you took a litter or gt her dressed nature can be funny if you don't let it take its coarse.

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    My bitch has just started her third season and so it would appear that they are 8 to 9 months apart.

In her previous 2 seasons she has become very very swollen and then began to bleed however this time she has been bleeding for nearly 10 days but no swelling whatsoever. I have read up a couple of books and a few pages on the internet and all appear to indicate it is normal for swelling to comes first.

Everything else is the same as usual with her being in season - being picky with her food, change in coat, being very attention seeking.

Is this anything I should worry about?
    No

Hi David,I agree with 6 pointer,I think you should take a litter from her,Ive just had one of my ess bitches lined,her first litter,she is 4 and a half weeks now,Just another 4 and a half to go.
    Atb John.

I will be planning to take a litter from her either next season or the one after to keep a line going and then have her speyed.

I suppose I will have to start my research for a suitable stud just now, to get the ball rolling so to speak.

David i have a good rough vizsla a great old deer dog and can you imgine the pet market if you had a rough coated BMH. ps YOU WILL NEED TO BE QUICK HE HAS NOT GOT LONG LEFT.

Agreed. Just normal variation.

She has swollen up over night so im happier now, things back to normal. Just happened 2 weeks later than normal.