Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pit bull mauls 5 police officers

Pit bull mauls 5 police officers

Did anyone see the videos of the pit bull attacking the 5 met officers and the firearms team shooting it. It reads that 4 shots were needed to kill it. On the pavement it looks like. I spoke with some AFOs and sometimes they use solid slug from a shotgun and still it's taken more than one shot. Whats folk views as I would have thought some 5.56 bts would b better?

5.56 ballistic tips you must be joking, shotgun safer and better every time but using BB's or AAA in fact any shotgun cartridge at short range rather than slugs.
    Last edited by 8x57; 24-03-2012 at 12:10.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Where were all of his mates when he was being nailed ?
    On top of the wall or running, surely they could have got a belt or something around it's neck, and at least held it by it.
    Maybe a bit of training with dogs would help.

Quote Originally Posted by nick100 View Post
    Where were all of his mates when he was being nailed ?
    On top of the wall or running, surely they could have got a belt or something around it's neck, and at least held it by it.
    Maybe a bit of training with dogs would help.
    I must say I could not have just stood there and watched it attacking my colleague, cs spray it smack it round the chops with the asp but don't stand there and watch cowards.....

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    I must say I could not have just stood there and watched it attacking my colleague, cs spray it smack it round the chops with the asp but don't stand there and watch cowards.....
    Smacking had no effect. CS does not work on dogs and I may be wrong but the video shows officer No 5 being mauled, 4 of his colleagues are already requiring hospital treatment.

We can all be heroes from behind the safety provided by a computer keyboard.

I can comment on this type of scenario as having experienced something similar on several occasions. I had the misfortune years ago to attempt to contain a steroid filled pit pull which had severly mauled its "owner" removing most of her upper arm and shoulder area.

A whole house full of brave people had fled leaving her to her fate and it required 2 cops with "snitcher poles" to wrestle with it whilst one other dragged her out of the room which had splatters of flesh on every surface including the ceiling.

It continued to fight like a demon despite having been stabbed by several of the house occupants and bent the "heavy duty" snitchers to almost 90 degrees.

Does it not make you think on looking at the video why only ONE member of the public is seen trying to assist.

Until you have been in that situation.......

shocking

Smacking a dog in a situation like that is never going to work.
    You need to kill it or incapacitate it, ie cutting it's air supply off, with a belt would probably be easiest.

As I said maybe a bit of training. Especially with all the so called status dogs about.

I deal with this potential situation weekly and it don't matter how much I advise officers how to act they get red mist rush in then on most occasions run out so I can snaffle the dog or use electric shield (like a tazer) to drive it into a room to be contained. They are an awesomely powerful determine killer. I too have had snaffle bars ben. So what do we think would be a good tool and calibre to use in the situation we are talking about here.