First roe fawn.

Dawnraider

A friend of mine witnessed a doe giving birth yesterday morning,i know it's early and although he couldn't see the fawn he watched the doe stood there for about 10 mins with as he said afterbirth hanging away from her before he headed off.I hope it was a birth rather than a slip,the area it was is popular with dog walkers so hope it's nothing more sinister going on,think i might go see if i can find anything but don't know if i should disturb her if she is ok.

Sounds very early to be a birth, if you know exactly where he saw it might be worth going for a look. If she has a kid camped down there and you disturb her, she'll soon head back once you've left.

Sounds very early to be a birth, if you know exactly where he saw it might be worth going for a look. If she has a kid camped down there and you disturb her, she'll soon head back once you've left.
Yeah i think its probably best i go take a look,got to admit i feel a bit concerned as i walked the lower half of the valley yesterday and there was a dead yew in one of the adjoining fields,not to say it didn't die of natural causes but just got me wondering,my mate that saw it has 25 yrs stalking experience and owns the farm opposite so i have no doubt to question what he saw but he's got a dodgy heart so no way he could investigate it further.

It is early but with the mild weather not unexpected i have pictures of a well developed roe kid on the 16th of April and our area is not normally associated with early birth.s

bamabisorted.jpg

Well just spent the last 2 hours searching the area but never found anything,would loved to have found something and got some nice pics,never found a fawn before myself but i guess it was like looking for a needle in a haystack really, the grounds quite rough and i suppose she may have dropped them somewhere before he saw her anyway,hopefully all is well and the yew had just died anyway as it turned out so alls good.

I dont think you can beat finding a fawn..

These two were my first..

Along with their mum they are still munching the flowers in Burley

They're lovely photos Terry,took my nice HD camcorder along just in case but batteries weren't charged up bloody misses can manage to use it ok but can't plug the charger in.

Alex , them video's are great bud, hope your well and enjoyed the weekend

Always the way :) Dawnraider

The pictures were taken with an old mobile and these two had a really good mum as at times it looked like her patience was running thin and my time was running out :)

Back