Form 101, Q19 (extra space??)

palmer_mike

Hi there,
I'm currently filling my first FAC application and am a bit stuck on question 19 (where you have to put down what rifles & mods you are requesting permission to own).

I have worked out what I'm going to ask for which will be 2 calibres of deer stalking rifle and one rimfire, I will also be asking for authority for a moderator for each. Therefore i need at least 6 lines - there are only 5.

Is it possible to attach additional sheets to my application to give me enough space for what i need to ask for? If so do they just replicate the boxes in section 19 but on a blank a4 sheet?

I would ask my FEO but the last query took about a month to get an answer to!

Thanks for any help
Mike

Mike

Two suggestions: Put the extra details on a blank sheet of paper and clearly title it as extra info for Q19 or take a photocopy of page 2 and put two page 2s in for your application.

My only suggestion in terms of full bore sound moderators is buy one .30 cal, screw on the end type mod and use it on both rifles. By all means get two variations, but until recently after buying a rifle with a different thread, I have managed quite happily with one .30 cal mod.

Good luck. JCS

How law abiding we FAC applicants tend to be :D Won't even step out of line when filling in a form

i.e. You could just ignore the 5 lines and write 6 of your own in the space available.

I'm also sure, from somewhere in the dim and distant recesses of my memory that you must apply upon the prescribed form but may provide further information seperately, so long as you remember to sign and date any additional pages too.

And if relying on my memory is no re-assurance, read the front page, it says the same there.

Thanks for the replies, Might just do that JCS as it would save a bit of money.
As far as the application goes i'll probably attach a sheet (signed and dated as you suggest Tamus - you're right it does say that on the first page of the form). I'll also put in the box for q19 SEE ATTACHED SHEET just to avoid confusion!

I have worked out what I'm going to ask for which will be 2 calibres of deer stalking rifle and one rimfire, I will also be asking for authority for a moderator for each. Therefore i need at least 6 lines - there are only 5.

Why not just write in the calibre + moderator on the same line
Ie 30-06 + mod

That way you only use 3 lines and don't mess about with excess paperwork
Your FEO will be able to work it out trust me
And when he/she pays a visit associated with the application
You will go over all the calibres and uses anyway
So you will clarify the mod situ if you need to then also

Why not just write in the calibre + moderator on the same line
Ie 30-06 + mod

That way you only use 3 lines and don't mess about with excess paperwork
Your FEO will be able to work it out trust me
And when he/she pays a visit associated with the application