Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's next on your hunting list?

What's next on your hunting list?

Just curious to see what everyone on hear is planning for 2012 or the near future? I'm hoping to get a nice Roe buck this year and possibly book some CWD/muntjac stalking end of the year.

Anyone got any stalking trips planned or bucks lined up for April?

Roe and Muntjac in April and fingers crossed Sika in the winter ,can't wait

On a personal level i'm hopefully off to Montana for a deer/elk hunt.

Although i dont have sika down here i might search out somebody who does for a swap.

Business wise i have taken several bookings for roe buck this coming season.

Cheers

Richard

Some red stag stalking in the rut in Scotland, traditional moose hunt with dog in Sweden in December, Chamois and Mouflon in the Pyrenees in November, and hunt for 3 elephants in Zimbabwe March 2013.

many things I'd love to hunt, the problem is I struggle to get much enjoyment from guided days..crazy as it sounds, I find the true joy is being out on my own and 'doing it all', not to tick a 'deer species' or 'game species' box via a paid guide who might just know where to sit me down as a buck/stag/etc. will come right by ( as it does every night at 20:00....). sorry to be negative, I'd just rather shoot a thousand roe and reds on my own than shoot every species on the list with a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian 1 View Post
    and hunt for 3 elephants in Zimbabwe March 2013.
    Well that should keep you sausages for a while. You must have massive freezer!

I'm going on two roe buck stalks at the end of April, which will be my first ever stalks. Obviously these are guided as I need to learn from someone, and this will have to be the format for now, but I also aspire to do it all myself.

Also, just because I've started deerstalking, let's not forget the woodcock and ducks in the winter!

need to blood my new 375 h&h on a piggy... no tree jokes lads

Aligator hunting with a spear in Florida on the 12th May, thats after we have done the hoghunting with dogs and knife the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian 1 View Post
    Some red stag stalking in the rut in Scotland, traditional moose hunt with dog in Sweden in December, Chamois and Mouflon in the Pyrenees in November, and hunt for 3 elephants in Zimbabwe March 2013.
    That is going to be some year for you! very jealous! What do you do with the 3 elephants once they have been shot? You'd need a lot of room to have 3 mounted on the wall I did see a video on youtube where the locals chopped one up into meat in no time at all though...can't say they left much on it!

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    many things I'd love to hunt, the problem is I struggle to get much enjoyment from guided days..crazy as it sounds, I find the true joy is being out on my own and 'doing it all', not to tick a 'deer species' or 'game species' box via a paid guide who might just know where to sit me down as a buck/stag/etc. will come right by ( as it does every night at 20:00....). sorry to be negative, I'd just rather shoot a thousand roe and reds on my own than shoot every species on the list with a guide.
    I get what you are saying but it is always nice to see somewhere different. Although if I had thousands of roe on my ground I wouldn't be going anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Well that should keep you sausages for a while. You must have massive freezer!

I'm going on two roe buck stalks at the end of April, which will be my first ever stalks. Obviously these are guided as I need to learn from someone, and this will have to be the format for now, but I also aspire to do it all myself.

Also, just because I've started deerstalking, let's not forget the woodcock and ducks in the winter!
    I'm counting down untill 1st of Sept. already! Last few years have been really poor with woodcock though but at least there has been plenty of geese around!

Quote Originally Posted by HOWDAH View Post
    Aligator hunting with a spear in Florida on the 12th May, thats after we have done the hoghunting with dogs and knife the day before.
    That sounds different! Think I would want more than a spear or a knife for taking on those beasties though!

Down to a friends in Norfolk this week to try for a last min cwd, straight over to hertfordshire for a muntie then to a mates in the lothians for april roe bucks.
    Get home check what bucks are about and wait for the red rut, see what stags arrive maybe take a good head or swap for a nice fallow / sika if im lucky. Df