Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended RFD's Essex (and surrounding area)

Recommended RFD's Essex (and surrounding area)

Hi there,
    Hoping I might be able to get a bit of advice from the more experienced on here.
    I'm in the process of submitting my FAC application and would like to get window shopping in preparation for the happy event (arrival of my FAC).
    Was hoping to get some advice on good RFD's (don't mind travel up to an hour to find a really good one), I'll be needing to look at a selection of rifles most likely and also looking for somewhere with a big selection of factory ammo in .243 and .308.
    Any ideas??
    Thanks for any help
    MIke

neville at essex guns or his son chris, both top guys

Welcome to Essex Gun

Quote Originally Posted by danimal View Post
    neville at essex guns or his son chris, both top guys

Welcome to Essex Gun
    Thanks danimal - would you recommend the Romford or the Fennes Shop?

Hi,

Roding Armoury, Abridge Essex bit of a journey from Brentwood, helpfull guys not a huge amount of rifles but they should be able to get you anything, good gunsmiths, lots of reloading stuff, give them a ring maybe before you travel, just an idea, have you tried Essex Gun Romford? more shotgun stuff really but close to you, not that many well stocked rifle type shops that I know of hopefully someone might prove me wrong.

PJ.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    Hi,

Roding Armoury, Abridge Essex bit of a journey from Brentwood, helpfull guys not a huge amount of rifles but they should be able to get you anything, good gunsmiths, lots of reloading stuff, give them a ring maybe before you travel, just an idea, have you tried Essex Gun Romford? more shotgun stuff really but close to you, not that many well stocked rifle type shops that I know of hopefully someone might prove me wrong.

PJ.
    Thanks for the suggestion PJ, will go and have a look at essex gun. Abridge isn't too much of a trek for me as one of my rabbit permissions is near there (can maybe go on the way). Thought they had closed down though - they used to be on the main road - guess they might have moved rather than closed? Will look them up on the web, and give them a call.

They are still there to the best of my knowledge, they moved years ago from the main road they are situated away from the main road next to the river roding.

PJ.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

You won't go far wrong with eastern sporting in Chelmsford mate they keep a good stock in and are very helpful mate.

well i have always delt with the romford shop as the fennes shop is new but like i said chris and Nev are good guys so either or.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danimal View Post
    well i have always delt with the romford shop as the fennes shop is new but like i said chris and Nev are good guys so either or.

Dan
    Thanks Dan,
    I'l pop along there then.
    Also have a look at Roding Armoury and Eastern Sporting.
    Thanks guys
    Mike

no probs

if you say dan from braces in bristol told you to come in if you talk to nev he will look after you im sure

Dan