Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: landrover help please...

landrover help please...

Help with my landrover needed,wife was driving it other day and had to stop sharply,after she got going again there was 3 warning lights come on the dash,one is the ABS and TC and HILL DECENT,someone told me that its because the pads were getting low so today i changed the pads back and front and the lights are still on,any ideas if these lights need to be reset or is it some other prob?

google three amigos

Sounds a bit like one of the ABS sensors or probes have a broken wire or are faulty. I think if you remove the battery + cable for a few minutes resets them but make sure you have the CD/radio code first.

take the sensors out of the front wheels , don't let any **** down the hole ! clean with wd40 and replace , but you will need to plug the landrover into the computer to reset lights , but you can still drive it ok.

ABS lights stuck on if stopped by the Plod now will get you a VTG9 immediate prohibition to drive it.

cheers guys,just took it to a friend of a friend he plugged it into computer and came back with o/s front ABS sensor,he said to check wheel bearing as it has abs senser on that and if any play in bearing just change whole lot in one go instead of trying to part sensor from bearing,

I thought the sensor replacing was a 20min job? Exciter ring which looks like a toothed cog can clog up with dirt causing the sensor to think the wheel had locked. There is a multiplug just 6" back from the buisness end of the sensor which can fail too.
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 27-03-2012 at 16:54.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I thought the sensor replacing was a 20min job? Exciter ring which looks like a toothed cog can clog up with dirt causing the sensor to think the wheel had locked. There is a multiplug just 6" back from the buisness end of the sensor which can fail too.
    thanks again ill take it apart tomorrow and have a look and fiddle..............

I hit a large hole in a stubble field when my Defender was only days old and my LR garage found a cut ABS sensor wire which they offered to replace or repair and i went for the repair as the sensor was really expensive. (150)

Clean the sensors,You get a lot of dust build up etc,Especially from salt on the roads after winter time,It used to happen to my landrover from time to time.Dont take it to a Landrover dealer though,They"ll just rip you off and fill you full of B******t,
    Hope this helps.
    Atb John.