Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Gators?

Good Gators?

Evening All,

I've been on the hunt for a decent pair of gators to go over my Meindl boots for a bit now. What are the best ones to go for? I've had a few pairs now, but they either break easily or are uncomfortable to use.

I saw a chap wearing a pair with wire straps that went under the boots and fastened on top, but didn't get chance to enquire of their origin!

Any ideas?

LT

Black Islander gaiters are about as good as you can get. I've had mine for 3-4 years having been recommended by a professional stalker.They are not cheap mind.

http://www.blackislander.co.uk/acces...eid=&itemid=89

Gaiters

How about these?

http://www.worldofsurplus.com/ishop/...hopscr590.html

Seem like a bargain, im getting a pair.

Daemon

You simply can not beat Kammo's Gators.

I have tried them all and these are by far the best. totaly waterproof, silent and really warm if wearing them with tweed plus 4's.

I have a pair of Meindals and the combination of the two makes for very comfortable and warm feet whatever the weather.

Hi mate go on to ebay type in hunting there is always a guy on there selling surplus army gear. I bought a pair of him with the wire straps inc delivery for about 6 i find them brilliant. I will see if i can dig his service user name out for you.

Hi again just checked he is on there now type in hunting his name is hihellorsn (2168) they are 6.99 + 3.50 p+p

Quote Originally Posted by 2428 miles

I have tried them all and these are by far the best. totaly waterproof, silent and really warm if wearing them with tweed plus 4's.

I have a pair of Meindals and the combination of the two makes for very comfortable and warm feet whatever the weather.
    I found Kammo Gaiters a bit narrow., and the plastic buckles for the sole strap broke after about 12 months

black islander gaitors, the mutts nutts, favoured by practicly all the highland stalkers, keepers and woodsmen i know (not as many as it sounds) and also me

Regs
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Turfer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2428 miles

I found Kammo Gaiters a bit narrow., and the plastic buckles for the sole strap broke after about 12 months
    The last pair I had were the kammo ones and I have to say that I found the same thing.

Looks like I'll have to shell out for the Black Islanders then! Thanks fellas.

Watch the Army Surplus gators as they are not designed to go over a bulky boot like a high leg Meindl which I found to my cost in Arran last year. I had even bought a Large size, but they still would not fit...

For low boots, they are quite good although a touch noisy when walking in heather or bracken, but well worth the 6 I paid for them at one of the gamefairs...