Thread: Ridgeline Monsoon deal from Scott Country - very happy!

Thumbs up Ridgeline Monsoon deal from Scott Country - very happy!

Just wanted to give Scott Country a mention for their great Stalking Directory deal on the Ridgeline Monsoon smock + trousers, and give them credit for great service. Good price, quick free delivery and the free gift is genuinely useful. Then, when I decided the sizing was wrong and returned the smock for a smaller () size the replacement was winging it's way to me the very next day (same free next day UPS service!).

The Ridgeline gear looks the business and I'm looking forward to trying it out on a couple of early mornings I have booked after bucks!

Cheers,

Andy

Hope its quieter than the wax and best of luck on them bucks we have a few showing but so far only one monster.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf View Post
    Just wanted to give Scott Country a mention for their great Stalking Directory deal on the Ridgeline Monsoon smock + trousers, and give them credit for great service. Good price, quick free delivery and the free gift is genuinely useful. Then, when I decided the sizing was wrong and returned the smock for a smaller () size the replacement was winging it's way to me the very next day (same free next day UPS service!).

The Ridgeline gear looks the business and I'm looking forward to trying it out on a couple of early mornings I have booked after bucks!

Cheers,

Andy

And this is the service you will continue to get from Scottcountry. They have never failed me, where ever I have been located.

Ridgeline stuff is great, wore the monsson smock all this winter and didnt get wet once. My only comment with it is breathability. This is fine but only if you wear proper (often expensive) base and mid layers. Normal t shirts with any nylon underneath with have you dripping with sweat. But otherwise I cant fault mine and the price is not rediculous either unlike some other makes.

The smock is a great job, I cut the hood off mine as I though it made the thing too bulky, I don't like hoods anyway. You will put up a sweat inside if if you exert yourself too much.

I bought the trousers a while after the smock, they are a good job for sitting up a highseat, very dry and warm. However, they are too bulky and noisey to wear stalking through woodland etc.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

The Barbour has been binned! I'm sure you'll get me in front of a buck or two in a few weeks. A monster wld be nice. But I'm not fussy

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Hope its quieter than the wax and best of luck on them bucks we have a few showing but so far only one monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    The smock is a great job, I cut the hood off mine as I though it made the thing too bulky.....
    They must have listened because it now has a zip and studs! Should make hood-removal a bit less permanent!

I am always very wary of over-heating and my only worry was lack of under-arm zips for ventilation but I am happy that with good layering - merino wool base and fleece mid-layer for cold weather - it should be fine.