Limited Mileage 4x4 registrations

Labrat

Anyone any experience of this?

as I understand it, the rules were changed a while ago so that you could register a light vehicle under limited mileage - which means no road tax needed.

Limits are no more than one mile on public road between parcels land you occupy - would stalking permissions cover this? I'm guessing so?

From what I've seen, vehicle does not need an MOT, just to be in roadworthy condition, it can be run on red diesel too - However I'm unsure as to the rules on Insurance

seems to me that it could be a bloody useful solution for stalking/shooting enough to get out and about for carcass recovery etc - and that there are plenty of cheap knackered 4X4's pit there that would do perfectly as runarounds, but not worth the money of taxing and mot'ing

Anyone any experience of this?

as I understand it, the rules were changed a while ago so that you could register a light vehicle under limited mileage - which means no road tax needed.

Limits are no more than one mile on public road between parcels land you occupy - would stalking permissions cover this? I'm guessing so?

From what I've seen, vehicle does not need an MOT, just to be in roadworthy condition, it can be run on red diesel too - However I'm unsure as to the rules on Insurance

seems to me that it could be a bloody useful solution for stalking/shooting enough to get out and about for carcass recovery etc - and that there are plenty of cheap knackered 4X4's pit there that would do perfectly as runarounds, but not worth the money of taxing and mot'ing

i friend of mine used to have an knackered old landrover and he used it for keepering under these rules , from the way he made these rules out to be it was technicly classed as a tractor !

Unless it's changed recently: So long it is used to travel no more than 1.5km between land in the same occupation - free road tax (although you still have to get a tax disc), OK to use red diesel, no MOT required provided total road distance is less than six miles per week (surely this must be km by now?) but must meet relevant C&UR , driver must have appropriate licence, and vehicle appropriately insured.

the above reply is 100% correct.i have a daihatsu i have just done.it is 1.5 km between land and a total of 6 miles a week.simply change the taxation class on the v5 to "limited use" and sign it,fill out a v10 and of the top of my head a v112? declaration.send relevent insurance document and wait and see.

ng

Back