9.3x62

I haven't got one, but have used one plenty of times. They are a nice calibre for larger game, but can be punishing if fired regularly through a light rifle, or when used prone.

What did you want to use it for particularly?

Wanted to use it for wild boar and also follow up work with my BMH.

Though about getting a nother 30cal (30-06) but can't see the point as I have a .308 which to be honest can dpo most things but I just wanted to look for a rifle specifically for Boar and follow up work.

Little Terry said:
I haven't got one, but have used one plenty of times. They are a nice calibre for larger game, but can be punishing if fired regularly through a light rifle, or when used prone.

What did you want to use it for particularly?

A brilliant calibre. Its harvested more african game than most others during the last 100 years.

It will cope with pigs with ease. It would make a good close cover follow up round also. All though I'd choose either a 45-70 or .444 if that was the main intended usage.

Jason said:
Wanted to use it for wild boar and also follow up work with my BMH.

Though about getting a nother 30cal (30-06) but can't see the point as I have a .308 which to be honest can dpo most things but I just wanted to look for a rifle specifically for Boar and follow up work.

You could do worse then I would say. One of my Swedish colleagues has a browning (BAR?) auto in 9.3x62 and it's a true Boar basher!

I concur with Turfer!

Nice round. Very popular African round, too.
I have a 9.3x57 Husqvarna and if I had a complaint as far as owning it in the US, it's the lack of bullet varieties and the cost when you do find them. I am loading a paper patched, 270 grain cast bullet in the 9.3 for deer this fall. Luckily, you wouldn't have to resort to such measures. It would certainly set a boar back on it's haunches! ~Muir

Back