New rifle

shotguntom

looking to get my first .243 and have had a bit of a look on guntrader etc, but am looking for some advice. i have around £600 - 650 to spend on a one. i was thinking a tikka t3 or a CZ550 american? any help appreciated.

cheers

I would immediately rule out the CZ - it is a very nice rifle, but not in the 243. It has a long, heavy action that is well suited to long cartridges like the 30-06, but poorly suited to a cartridge like the 243. The T3 is also actually just a long action, but it has a much lighter and more compact action so is a better option. If you like the mauser-type action of the CZ (which i do) than Ruger Hawkeye and Winchester M70 are probably your best bet. The Hawkeye is an awful lot of gun for the money these days, and produces fine accuracy.

I have a T3 and love it - never any regrets buying it - my first rifle was a CZ and we never bonded.

I assume the £600 - £650 is for the rifle only and you have >£300 for glass?

thanks for the comments. yes that is for the rifle and i have the zeiss duralyt in mind for a scope.

As most folks on here will know all 3 of my rifles are CZ,s the 243 is very robust,has pretty wood and it shoots like a laser. Its great value for the money.
Tusker.

looking to get my first .243 and have had a bit of a look on guntrader etc, but am looking for some advice. i have around £600 - 650 to spend on a one. i was thinking a tikka t3 or a CZ550 american? any help appreciated.

cheers

Get the tikka t3 best value gun around that price by a long shot mat loads of aftermarket upgrades available as well ,I've just ordered a left handed t3 myself can't wait...

Last edited:

cheers

Cheap tikka t3 .243 on gunstar bargain at £500 snap it up ASAP

Agree with comments above, can't go wrong with a Tikka, fabulous value for money.

friend of mine was selling a tikka m590 in walnut deluxe stock. it also has the spare black plastic stock also. £550

600 pound will get you a new titian 6 from rws good rifle not as well known as some makers but a good rifle

If you can get a Tikka 590, grab it. They are probably one of the most accurate factory actions ever made.

Hiya, I recently moved up to a .243, and bought a 2010 Remmy 700 SPS, I love it, to start with it shot 3/4 in groups with Privi ammo at 100 yds and I've now bettered it with better quality ammo. My mate has a CZ in .243, but TBH, nice gun, but, I much prefer my Remmy. I know a chap with a 590, but it seems very heavy to me, ......;)

Good luck in your search...:)

Look in the classifieds on here. You can get a lot of rifle for that money. There have been two Mannlichers on here for around that. I have a second hand Mannlicher classic half stock.

Back