so proud of my gamekeeper son

Roedinator

Distinguished Member
just had conformation that my 20 year old son has been appointed underkeeper on a fantastic
estate in devon .
pheasant . partridge . and fair amount of deer work also .

just shows hard work and a good attitude pays off in the long term

regards pete .

Pete(or rather, J) - bloody well done mate. Having met and stalked with J, I know that he'll do well in his chosen career. ATB, Rupert

brilliant pete, really really pleased for him. i have to agree with what moonraker said, hes an outstanding young lad who does you credit buddy

Please pass on my heartfelt congratulations to your son.

Also please accept my congratulations for your self.. You son is a credit to you by the sound of it.

Please pass on my heartfelt congratulations to your son.

Also please accept my congratulations for your self.. You son is a credit to you by the sound of it.

Brit that means alot mate many thanks
gonna miss him like mad been shooting with him since he was ten

many a happy stalk together and he shot an 89 at a registered clay competition

a couple of weeks back winning A class

hes the chance of a wonderfull career in front of him . regards pete .

Well done, its not easy for young lads to get a start these days, my grandson will finish his HNC in keepering shortly and be looking for a job as will a lot of other young lads all finishing college courses at the same, no college for me when I was that age just straight into a job, but then they were looking for lads from a keepering background
so though there are less jobs now and most are looking for qualifications, its more open to anyone so probably fairer.

As already said, congratulations! He's in a beautiful part of the world and in a profession that is not easy but gives you so many rewards. I hope it all goes well for him.

Pete.

Congratulations on J getting ,by the sounds, a fantastic job and oppertunity.

As you said it won't be the same stalking or clay shooting now but I'm sure he will find you a bit of stalking on the reds.

Well done to you both

All I hope is my boys follow their dreams and are happy when they find them.

See you soon mate and you never know we might have a round of clays again. This time we will know each other.;)

ATB

Jon

just had conformation that my 20 year old son has been appointed underkeeper on a fantastic
estate in devon .
pheasant . partridge . and fair amount of deer work also .

just shows hard work and a good attitude pays off in the long term

regards pete .

Who buys who the pint?
:confused:
You - to say "Well done son, I'm proud of you...."?
Him - to say "Thanks Dad, thanks for everything over the last 20 years, I hope I've made you proud....."?

Buy each other a pint, well done that man!:thumb:

Congratulations nice to hear of a young fella getting on, I hope he has a long and happy career doing what most of us can only dream about. :thumb:

many thanks for your kind words from members who have met my son whislt out here stalking
with us or just happy to see a young lad get on in life .
I will pass on your good wishes .
he started on a game farm the season he left school and was offered a job there
he has four years full time experience at that post doing excess 100 days driven a season
also rearing in excess 150 k so a busy old place .
just really pleased hes landed the job of his dreams mid devon estate not saying any more than that
on location .
although its a shot from behind hes the lad in the picture on the range at the sd rifle shoot at monmouth
on the home page of SD
I made sure the bugger didnt beat me there and the trophy came home with me

Congrats hard work does pay off. I am trying to convince my son to take the same line of work, but not having much luck at the mo.

It's something I wish i did.

Regards
Craig

I really do hope it turns out better than my sons experiences on 2 Devon shoots. He to was underkeeper though I use the term loosley. Basicly he was worked like a slave while the keeper was off on jollies, he had no supervision and when mistakes were made (inevitable) the keeper made damn sure my son got the blame. Both shoots broke almost every employment law and they had never heard of the minimum wage. After 2 years of abuse he got out of it and wild horses wont get him back. So 2 years of collage and 2 years of training on a very good estate went up the swanie.

Tusker.

Back