Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teckels

Teckels

Right lads as above who on here uses them be interested to here

got one as a house dog turned out a bit timid believe or not .
    saying that he goes ballistic if i go near the missus very loyal dogs

regards pete .

They are getting an increasingly strong following.Saw a couple of very nice longhaired at the BMH tracking day seemed fairly useful as well.Lady owner did however point out that they were a little less streesful than the wirehairds.
    If I had the time, the patience,a length of chain and an anchor to slow them down I'd quite fancy trying one out

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    They are getting an increasingly strong following.Saw a couple of very nice longhaired at the BMH tracking day seemed fairly useful as well.Lady owner did however point out that they were a little less streesful than the wirehairds.
    If I had the time, the patience,a length of chain and an anchor to slow them down I'd quite fancy trying one out
    Prof Jeannery uses them with great success in the USA. His books tell you that in detail. But it depends on what you hunt. Fine for roedeer.
    Rudi in Belgium tells me that when his group is contacted for a search most people ask "no teckels please". That might have to do with the fact that hunting wild boar is a bit too strenuous for them or it could be that they have the wrong lines. Or the simple fact that BMH and HS are simply better in long complicated tracking jobs.
    I have no experience with them but I never considered them in the UK as i do not fancy having to spend a few hours digging them out of a badger hole.
    Last edited by barongcw; 02-04-2012 at 13:32.

Got an eight year old Teckel Dog. fantastic companion, scent trails like a dyson vacuum (sucks everything up, never tires and you dont have to change the bag!) easy to take up a high seat (hot dogabottle on cold days) acts like deer radar, just watch the dog..... takes up little room in the truck and house, great with kids, good guard dog........ BUT..... obstinate little git at times and, if stalking on foot tends to pull, although this has pretty much been cured with a niggeloh harness from "Kit".
    Will be in the market for another Teckel before too long (you'd think i'd have learnt!) (always taught him to steer clear of badger sets and therefore never lost him down one, not a problem)

Quote Originally Posted by Spotterdog View Post
    Got an eight year old Teckel Dog. fantastic companion, scent trails like a dyson vacuum (sucks everything up, never tires and you dont have to change the bag!) easy to take up a high seat (hot dogabottle on cold days) acts like deer radar, just watch the dog..... takes up little room in the truck and house, great with kids, good guard dog........ BUT..... obstinate little git at times and, if stalking on foot tends to pull, although this has pretty much been cured with a niggeloh harness from "Kit".
    Will be in the market for another Teckel before too long (you'd think i'd have learnt!) (always taught him to steer clear of badger sets and therefore never lost him down one, not a problem)
    Am not too strong on vacuum cleaners but thought a Dyson did not have a bag.

That said, well done. He obviously suits you. What is the longest track he has done?

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
    Right lads as above who on here uses them be interested to here
    I know of a chap who works one to good effect, or so he keeps tell'n me !!
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

I am on my second this from sweden my first from Germany.

Up's - Will find anything any distance, they make any other tracking dogs look lazy, never seen a cat in the garden, likes stalking as much as me, plus:

1. The later you are, the more excited your teckel is to see you.
    2. Teckels will forgive you for playing with other teckels.
    3. Teckels don't notice if you call them by another teckel's name.
    4. Teckels are excited by rough play.
    5. Teckels don't mind if you give their offspring away.
    6. Teckels understand that farts are funny.
    7. Teckels love red meat.
    8. Teckels can appreciate excessive body hair.
    9. Teckels don't shop.
    10. If a teckel is gorgeous, other teckels don't hate it.
    11. Teckels like it when you leave lots of things on the floor.
    12. A teckel's disposition stays the same all month long.
    13. Teckels never need to examine the relationship.
    14. A teckel's parents never visit.
    15. Teckels love long car trips.
    16. Teckels understand that instincts are better than asking for directions.
    17. Teckels understand that all animals smaller than teckels are made to be hunted.
    18. Teckels like beer.
    19. Teckels don't hate their bodies.
    20. No teckel ever bought a Kenny G or Hootie & The Blowfish album.
    21. No teckel ever put on 100 pounds after reaching adulthood.
    22. Teckels never criticize.
    23. Teckels agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
    24. Teckels never expect gifts.
    25. It's legal to keep your teckel chained up at your house.
    26. Teckels don't worry about germs.
    27. Teckels don't want to know about every other teckel that you ever had.
    28. Teckels like to do their snooping outside as opposed to in your wallet, desk, and the back of your sock drawer.
    29. Teckels don't let a magazine article guide their lives.
    30. Teckels would rather have a hamburger dinner than a lobster one.
    31. You never have to wait for your teckel. They are ready to go 24 hours a day.
    32. Teckels have no use for flowers, cards or jewelry.
    33. Teckels don't borrow your shirts.
    34. Teckels enjoy heavy petting in public.
    35. Teckels find you amusing when you're drunk.
    36. Teckels can't talk.
    37. Teckels aren't catty.
    38. Teckels don't mind at all if you leave the toilet seat up.
    39. Teckels seldom outlive you.
    40. Teckels don't cry
    41. Teckels love it when your friends come over
    42. Teckels don't care if you use their shampoo
    43. Teckels think you sing great

Downs- Touch my deer lose your fingers, loose hunts for hours on end given the chance,

I have one my mate in wick has two my other mate at Cumbria who's a head keeper has three testing them some have some haven't they are blinding scent dogs I've used mine never failed even after the sent been a few hours old I believe in testing any bread to it's full that sorts out the best be it whatever use your imagination atb