Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fuel storage

fuel storage

Having all been made aware of the impending fuel tankers strike,please take note:

Please don't store petrol in your house or by your door,dont place it in the loft or locked inside a cupboard,petrol does have a flammable vapour,any ignition source within the area.The vapour and an ignition source ,ie electrical ,naked flame or static will cause an explosion or ignition.

also be aware of outside flues that extract gases from your gas combi boilers.

Earlier today a lady was decanting petrol in her kitchen and was badly burnt http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16199277

Damn !
    I keep mines in the fusebox cupboard. Will have to think of somit else now!

jonevo while I feel sorry for the lady concerned I simply can't believe that she should be so silly. There again I can't believe the comments made by various government ministers this week regarding storage of petrol. Talk about numpties - it makes you wonder about what idiots we have running the country.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Damn !
    I keep mines in the fusebox cupboard. Will have to think of somit else now!
    Don't joke about it mate. In the last couple of months I've found exactly that situation in a school and in electrical intake rooms in three seperate blocks of flats. On each occasion these were in corridor escape routes. Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

just another thing on this it is against the law to keep more than twenty litres of fuel at home in the garage. just in case people decide to it must be in two 10 ltrs tins,atb wayne

Were the comments by the ministers just a way to make us buy more fuel and let the governemnt reap the juicy taxy benefits or am I being cynical?
    A typical British over reaction to a situation that hadn't actually happened!
    Best Regards,
    Adrian.

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

I think we can class the incident with the woman as a 'Darwin' event

ironically the tanker drivers who started the despute are now working overtime to get fuel to the garagesdont panic mister mannering

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    just another thing on this it is against the law to keep more than twenty litres of fuel at home in the garage. just in case people decide to it must be in two 10 ltrs tins,atb wayne
    Isn't it 2 x 10 litre tins plus 2 x 5 litre approved plastic containers?

from what i was told by police when i raced i was only allowed to carry two 10 ltr tins before i was in the know i had lots and lots of gerry cans full of avgas i ended up having to split it up atb,wayne