Thread: just testing the water,

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

just testing the water,

right im thinking of having a new 20 tactical built by Neil Mckillop so i may be selling mine,

i had it built up for me by Neil about 3 years ago, and was built on a budget as i was not sire i was going the like it. but boy does it shoot well.

its had 750 rounds down its neck so far, with a load that lets you enjoy shooting this nice we calibre, with low recoil and fantastic results.

i had it built from the following so that the rifle and scope are as light as i could get it, for long walks in the fields.

a old mini mauser mark X 223 action.

the barrel i believe is a cooper 1 in 12 twist barrel. 20" long heavy barrel with deep fluting, with a 1/2" unf thread.this was supplied and fitted by Neil and had seen just a few rounds on its original rifle,

bell and Carlson sporter stock. nice simple stock and was all i could afford at the time.does the job and does it well.

timney featherweight trigger with safety (old one is here too.) still needs a wee bit of work but nothing hard.

internal mag with floor plate.

other than that i have had great fun with this wee rifle so much in fact i want another based on a tikka action and stock.

the rifle has a bit of history to it, so a chat with the potential buyer is whats needed as it has a few we quirks and i would like to make sure the buyer is happy to have what im thinking of selling.

i have done some pictures to let you see the wee rifle,,

it shoots better than me and has taken my furthest fox to date at 376 yards witnessed buy 1S1K (Craig) on this forum.

the load i run is this.

23gr of rl 10 x
    Dakota brass
    40gr hornady V max
    CCI SRP.

this has never let me down and will shoot sweet as a nut all day long.

the thread protector is one someone on here gave me as i lost the other one a while ago, the scope and mounts are not for sale,

for interested buyers before we talk turkey the price for this wee rifle is 625 shipped to your rfd.within the UK mainland.

thank you and enjoy the pictures.

bob.

Attachment 14115Attachment 14114Attachment 14116Attachment 14117Attachment 14118
    Last edited by bobjs; 30-03-2012 at 17:31.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

1st dibs please........thankee sir

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by d foxxer View Post
    1st dibs please........thankee sir
    i hope you got my message but hes not been on tonight YET.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Bob,
    your a wind up merchant, last week when we where out with this rifle you said you would never sell it, so stop trying to get me going you tw*t.

and i know you can't afford a new rifle as your wife would tear you a new * hole. so stop messing about and get some ammo loaded for your trip up north next week and have some shooting fun.
    Chr1s.

Quote Originally Posted by chr1s View Post
    Bob,
    your a wind up merchant, last week when we where out with this rifle you said you would never sell it, so stop trying to get me going you tw*t.

and i know you can't afford a new rifle as your wife would tear you a new * hole. so stop messing about and get some ammo loaded for your trip up north next week and have some shooting fun.
    Chr1s.
    hi bob, can i call you in about 10.

chr1s.

what you going to build the new 20 tac on bob. sako 75 action ? shame you couldnt buy the one neil sold on the bbs that once. was a cracker

Blog Entries
    Rumbled

hi Chris, im on the net in the loading room now mate:,

call my mobile so her in doors don't get miffed off with the house phone when the wee ones in bed,

bob.

SORRY LADS, THE RIFLES NOT FOR SALE: I WAS JUST TRYING TO WIND SOMEONE UP.

bob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    what you going to build the new 20 tac on bob. sako 75 action ? shame you couldn't buy the one Neil sold on the bbs that once. was a cracker
    hi jay

i can't afford a new rifle build mate (but when im in a new job and earning some dosh ill get there.) i was just prating about mate. 625 was the give away.

anyway i spoke to Neil last week and the action he has is wayyyyyyyyy out of my reach even with a new job, so ill be looking for something like this.

old sako rifle or a tikka rifle with a shot out barrel. with barrels costing as much as they do it will be a long time coming.

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    hi jay

i can't afford a new rifle build mate (but when im in a new job and earning some dosh ill get there.) i was just prating about mate. 625 was the give away.

anyway i spoke to Neil last week and the action he has is wayyyyyyyyy out of my reach even with a new job, so ill be looking for something like this.

old sako rifle or a tikka rifle with a shot out barrel. with barrels costing as much as they do it will be a long time coming.

bob.
    yes bob if the is poor against the $ and then you have the vat on top works out a fair old chunk. me and si snipe are looking at getting some barrel blanks from he states.
    going to get a couple more lads to go in with it. so the export ticket is shared between us then as that is $350 i have asked a couple of smiths if they could throw one on there next orders. and dont even mind paying abit more.

but alot wont unless you have rifle rebarreled by them. which is fair enough i guess

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    yes bob if the is poor against the $ and then you have the vat on top works out a fair old chunk. me and si snipe are looking at getting some barrel blanks from he states.
    going to get a couple more lads to go in with it. so the export ticket is shared between us then as that is $350 i have asked a couple of smiths if they could throw one on there next orders. and dont even mind paying abit more.

but alot wont unless you have rifle rebarreled by them. which is fair enough i guess
    i know what you mean.

this is a quote i had from a smith i know up north,

barrel fitted threaded and proofed, 675, and then a action ???, so for me mate thats way out of my league

bob.