Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 161

Thread: My new favourite film quote

  1. #1

    My new favourite film quote

    Was forced to watch the Yogi Bear film last night (review: don't) but amongst the awfulness, I picked up this from two characters discussing promotion:

    'Nobody pays their dues anymore - we've got to put you in charge while you still think you know everything'.

    Genius!

    Anybody else got any unexpected treasures?

  2. #2
    When we lose one sense, the other senses improve to make up for the loss.
    Thats why someone with no sense of humour has a hightened sense of self inportance!

  3. #3
    'say hello to my little friend' never to be beaten

  4. #4
    squeal like a pig boy
    you got real pretty mouth

  5. #5
    The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by yorksjt View Post
    The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
    Dr Evil??!!

    Brilliant quote

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    'say hello to my little friend' never to be beaten
    ......errrr "Debbie Does Dallas - 1978 ??


    How about:

    "It's a ... squid" "Men in Black"

    “You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?” "Dirty Harry"

    "You seem to be the victim of a run by fruiting" "Mrs Doubtfire"

    "I'll be back" & "I want your clothes your boots and your motorcycle" "Terminator"

    "Is it safe ?" "Marathon Man"

  8. #8
    all great by Al has it...

    'surely you can be serious...'

  9. #9
    Oddball: Oh man, don't hit me with dem negative waves so early in the morning. Think that bridge'll be there, and it'll be there. It's a mudda beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there.

    Then later on in the film:

    Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with dem negative waves! Why can't you just dig how beautiful it is out here? Why can't you just say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    Moriarity: Crap.

    Oddball: To a New Yorker like you, a Hero is some type of weird sandwich! Not some nut who takes on three tigas!
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    Oddball: Oh man, don't hit me with dem negative waves so early in the morning. Think that bridge'll be there, and it'll be there. It's a mudda beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there.

    Then later on in the film:

    Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with dem negative waves! Why can't you just dig how beautiful it is out here? Why can't you just say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    Moriarity: Crap.

    Oddball: To a New Yorker like you, a Hero is some type of weird sandwich! Not some nut who takes on three tigas!

    One of my favourite films. Saw it as a kid on holiday when it first came out

    But you missed my favourite quote - from memory

    Clint walks up to Oddballa - "whata you doing"

    Oddball - "sitting here eating cheese, drinking vino and catching some rays - you gota lighten up man "

Similar Threads

  1. some old film
    By kennyc in forum Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 17:51
  2. Warning ADULT! Risque words from a brothel quote
    By johngryphon in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 30-05-2011, 11:18
  3. Quote of the day:
    By Tommo in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-02-2010, 21:57
  4. A Quote You Live By
    By Frax in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 18:39
  5. The All Time Best Quote
    By blueboar in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-06-2008, 20:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •