My new favourite film quote

Why do they call him the glimmer man! Because there is nothing but jungle, then there's a glimmer, then your dead

Bomb#20: In the beginning, there was darkness. And the darkness was without form, and void.
Boiler: What the hell is he talking about?
Bomb#20: And in addition to the darkness there was also me. And I moved upon the face of the darkness. And I saw that I was alone. Let there be light.

Remember watching this film as a kid

Although I do love the film this quote comes from

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c**t... me.

Colour Sgt. Bourne: Sir, sentries report the Zulus have gone. All of them. It's a miracle.

Lt. Chard: If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer-Henry point-four-five calibre miracle.

I always loved Big Arnie with "I`ll be back" its as good as any line ever done imo.

And Paul Robeson was pretty good with Old Man River " i`m tired of livin` and afraid of dyin`

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to?"

Last edited:
Some great stuff.

One of my other favourite quotes (but must be said with a pistol to the bad guys temple):

'Dodge this!'

"Last night I shot an elephant in my Pajamas and how he got in my pajamas I'll never know."
"There's only one way to find out if a man is honest...ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook."
G. Marx.

"If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans"
W. Allen

A couple of my fav's

Ohh Lady of great acceleration donot fail me now.

Then,

Right turn Clyde.

ATB

Tahr

Tahr I often quote "Right turn Clyde." when the wife is driving and usually land up with sore ribs or a dead leg. :lol:

"A man's gotta know his limitations"! (Harry Callahan) Magnum Force,.. also,Female street operative, same film,"Too bad you're not on welfare, I'd give you a freebie.", that one is so true today!!!!

forgive my saturday drunkeness my sunday sloth
forgive my gambling and concorting with women
but above all forgive me for the men i have killed

and for those that i am about to

"Are you the farmer?"
"of course he's the f....ng farmer Withnail, stop saying that"
"we've come on holiday to the countryside by mistake"

Back