Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAC 1.77 Air rifle

FAC 1.77 Air rifle

Looking to see what's in the market place at the moment I'm after a .177 Not too bothered about make or model just FAC for a few area's on my permission that require a little more stealth.

Thanks

chris
    Last edited by chr1s; 31-03-2012 at 12:33.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    get a gas ram chris.

no need for a bottle or pump. and give darren a call mate.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

i would go for a 22 rather than a 177, you won't get many shots with a 177 in FAC form
    Al

Hi chris

There is lot of setup fee for FAC air if u go recharged once u got the gun you got divers bottle a clamp filling hose and then u got bottle checks every 3 years and filling your bottle it's a lot of cash to shell out. plus if u go .177 u will only get a fraction of shots compared to .22.

I have a MFR and get 60 full shots to a 400cc bottle. bur if it was .177 you would only get about 35 shots.
    as bob says gas ram is a much cheaper set up fee. All thou I don't think you can beat pre charge mine will single hole at 50 yards all day long.

You are more than welcome to have a shoot with mine and see all the gear you need before you make up your mind

Regards
    Craig
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    ― Criss Jami

22 is the way to go FAC

Pick up a webly patriot cheap enough

Thanks for all the replies I think the shear volume of people that have said .177 possibly the wrong choice in FAC has made it much easier to convert to .22 so I will get a variation this week this week hopefully.

Craig that would be really good bud I have heard about your success with that rifle and a chance to air some thoughts with possibly both of you.

Thanks again chaps.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    Hi chris

There is lot of setup fee for FAC air if u go recharged once u got the gun you got divers bottle a clamp filling hose and then u got bottle checks every 3 years and filling your bottle it's a lot of cash to shell out. plus if u go .177 u will only get a fraction of shots compared to .22.

I have a MFR and get 60 full shots to a 400cc bottle. bur if it was .177 you would only get about 35 shots.
    as bob says gas ram is a much cheaper set up fee. All thou I don't think you can beat pre charge mine will single hole at 50 yards all day long.

You are more than welcome to have a shoot with mine and see all the gear you need before you make up your mind

Regards
    Craig

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by chr1s View Post
    Thanks for all the replies I think the shear volume of people that have said .177 possibly the wrong choice in FAC has made it much easier to convert to .22 so I will get a variation this week this week hopefully.

Craig that would be really good bud I have heard about your success with that rifle and a chance to air some thoughts with possibly both of you.

Thanks again chaps.

Chris
    chris

craig's mfr is cracking mate, in fact when i had mine (wish i had kept it) i loved it for in and around houses etc, and his set up is very good and was one holing at 50 yards on the golf course the other night on my 1/2" plywood target boards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hi chris

that's np buddy the three of us should get together and I will drag everything out that is needed to go pre charged FAC. The good thing is u don't have to go rite out and get a bottle, with a little effort you can start with a pump as I have one of them more than happy to sort u out with it.

Anyways let's get together and get it sorted for you buddy.

Regards
    Craig
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    ― Criss Jami

Hi Chris

If you havent put you variation yet in how about a .20 cal, as it happens I have a very nice rapid mk2 in that very calibre that I'm looking to move on to make room for a 222 or 223. I'm only over in chippenham so we could arrange a try before you buy if your interested.

Mike.

Hi guys,

Craig that would be brilliant I guess as soon as Bob is back from Yorkshire?

Mike I will definitely look into the cal I imagine the ammo not so easy to come by though?

Thanks

Chris