Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: harris spring

harris spring

broke the spring on my harris bipod anyone have a spare or know a uk supplier? knock off's will do equally fine.

Is it one of the large strong springs that snap the legs up on unwary fingers, or the light spring that goes inside the hollow legs causing it to retract?
    Buckup

Hi mate,

one of the biggies on the outside...steel must've gone weak over time. e-mailed harris, not sure what they'll say, but if they snap then it really should be up to them to send a new one gratis...I let them know as well..BUT! I don't think I'll hear back at all, so I'm relying on the esteemed members of the stalking directory to help me out again...

I think you will struggle, I lost one about a year ago I tried on here nobody was able to help, I asked in bushwear where they were confident they could get one but apparently they were told it was not a spare part that could be bought from harris. I bought a new bipod then later found the missing spring in my pickup. So now I have a spare but no I am not selling it.

mate, that extra spring is just going to lie around for years unused, and in about 15 years you will re-find it and think back and say " oh yes, I recall, there was some chap on The Stalking Directory who needed a spring, and yes I could have helped him but I didn't...then you will cry and feel guilty that you were so selfish........LOL..seriuosly Taystalker, at least tell me where you got it! otherwise you're just posting to show off!

Last edited by PKL; 01-04-2012 at 08:55.

Why not just google "Spring Suppliers" plenty of them about.

Neil.

[QUOTE=PKL;352383]mate, that extra spring is just going to lie around for years unused, and in about 15 years you will re-find it and think back and say " oh yes, I recall, there was some chap on The Stalking Directory who needed a spring, and yes I could have helped him but I didn't...then you will cry and feel guilty that you were so selfish........LOL..seriuosly Taystalker, at least tell me where you got it! otherwise you're just posting to show off! [/QUOTE
    I NOW HAVE A SPARE BIPOD NOT A SPARE SPRING. I said in my original post where I got it.

surely they must have a huge warrantly period to justify the extra cost over the next best thing

How old is it?
    otherwise, test the spring rate and replace with another straight pull spring.
    you could even flame nitre blue it!

good point, sorry mate, had a few pints in me when I read your post! LOL....

[QUOTE=Taystalker;352489]
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    mate, that extra spring is just going to lie around for years unused, and in about 15 years you will re-find it and think back and say " oh yes, I recall, there was some chap on The Stalking Directory who needed a spring, and yes I could have helped him but I didn't...then you will cry and feel guilty that you were so selfish........LOL..seriuosly Taystalker, at least tell me where you got it! otherwise you're just posting to show off! [/QUOTE
    I NOW HAVE A SPARE BIPOD NOT A SPARE SPRING. I said in my original post where I got it.