Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whats this all about ??

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

whats this all about ??

I have a mate who had a visit from his new feo,

on seeing he had a slot for a rifle and mod he said to him,

WHY DO YOU HAVE AN EMPTY SLOT, this should be filled asap,

the young chap was gob smacked,

i said i am sure you can fill the slot when you want, as long as its filled before your next renewal, as they will remove it if its not filled,

whats your thoughts on this ?

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

As far as I was aware Bob, the slot to purchase a rifle/calibre can be filled any time before the next renewal, as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalNovice View Post
    As far as I was aware Bob, the slot to purchase a rifle/calibre can be filled any time before the next renewal, as you say.
    This is what I was told recently from my feo....

I understand that in my area they are only allowing 6 months to take up the slot - I wait with bated breath as I have just submitted a renewal and asked for a 0.2 c/f - see if they give me a time restriction.....watch this space.
    TonyC

Can only echo what the others have said, i didnt fill a slot for .22 air, on renewal they asked if i wanted it keeping , i didnt so my choice to drop it. You can just say that current financial climate hasnt allowed me to fill it ,

Blog Entries
    cheers lads.

seems this new feo to this area has his own ideas,

i can't wait until he comes to see me.

bob.
    Last edited by csl; 03-04-2012 at 18:40. Reason: Not the best choice of words
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

A slot will run for the duration of the certificate, even if it is a variation added any time during the lifetime of the FAC.
    Licensing offices have no authority to demand that the slot be filled within a certain time under the threat of removal of that slot.
    However, on expirey it is customery to remove that slot if no request is made to keep it.

Ian.

There is no need to fill the slot immediately. The only argument for removal at renewal is that you don't need it. Remember that what you have to show to get a slot on your ticket is "good reason" NOT "need". Bob, pm me the name of the FEO please mate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    There is no need to fill the slot immediately. The only argument for removal at renewal is that you don't need it. Remember that what you have to show to get a slot on your ticket is "good reason" NOT "need". Bob, pm me the name of the FEO please mate.
    hi Matt

ill drop you a pm asap.

he has moved in to help out Glyn, seems he is a bit of a prat frightening new ticket holders with this bull****.

bob.

slots do not run indefinitely nor do they have to be filled "immediately"!

Indeed L&B will review a slot after 2 years and discuss removal at that point (straight from the horse's mouth)
    In their defence if you havent done anything with it in 2 years do you REALLY need it?

that said an empty slot can be very useful for a quick one for one.