Last chance CWD with a gent in Norfolk

By kind invitation i was able to stalk a cwd with Max this Morning, without sounding like i'm blowing smoke up his rear which i know he wouldn't thank me for i would still like to thank him for his hospitality.
After seeing some of his cwd trophys ages ago he knew i would like a go at one, so a last chance stalk was arranged as i was down in Norfolk this weekend.

David has some cracking ground and before we started he asked should the opportunity should arise would i like to take a munty.
I refrained but after seeing quite a few muntjac and the absence of a chink i wondered if i had made the right decision, but not to worry after stalking a way up the estate david got me onto one.
At first it was a bit too far to identifiy the sex but david was sure it was a buck, it made its way towards between the arable and woodland and it turned out to be a nice representive cwd.
David asked if i would like to try further on for a bigger buck, but as this was my first i thought a bird in the hand and all that.
Anyway the deed done i was a very happy chappy and very greatful to David for finding the time to take me out, He not only is a true gent he's not bad at brekkies either . DF

well done DF! sounds like you had a great outing.. Saw snowy today, he worked his little socks off!

Snowy working ? now thats something i would like to see !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you iv just read my post back and when he checks my grammar / spelling i'll be in for it :eek:

No pics im afraid my camera battery was flat.
No problems with the malform Steve i think he has let me off with that one now :eek:
I did offer him nice 16 point red malform for compensation at the time but he declined, and he has an open invitation for a stag anytime he wants.
Although should another big malform roe show up, i'd have to think twice about pulling the trigger without calling him first :oops:. DF

Well done Df on your Chink they are a bit different to stalk than those Red i bet ! Well i went out this morning plenty of Fallow but no Roe Bucks about

Nice one DF, as you have said David is a true gent.

Wayne

Yes Wayne he sure is, i rang max this morning after seeing his stag to get his arse over and get it before it casts.
i took me an age to stalk into it i finally got to 60m and just watched him through the scope and binos, when it got light enough to film i took this little clip,
No buck for me this morning but i did get a fox more than likely the one that has been at my neigbours chickens . DF

Yes Wayne he sure is, i rang max this morning after seeing his stag to get his arse over and get it before it casts.
i took me an age to stalk into it i finally got to 60m and just watched him through the scope and binos, when it got light enough to film i took this little clip,
No buck for me this morning but i did get a fox more than likely the one that has been at my neigbours chickens . DF

[/QUOTE

Thats a fantastic animal if the poor old bugger aint fit enough to come and shoot it for you give me a shout :D:D

Good luck look foward to the photos.

Wayne

:D Wayne He's quite fit for an "oldie", thats David i mean not the stag. Lol
He's not a bad un Steve, im over your way this morning will pop into the office if your about. DF

Don't take that one Bob your Ange will go mad when you knock an hole in the wall to mount it, mind if you mount it on the hall wall you can knock a hole through into the shithouse and hang your roll of arsewipe on the swept back bit of antler.Bet that'll impress her. :rofl:

Back