Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BASC stalking scheme thetford

BASC stalking scheme thetford

Anyone used this stalking in thetford with BASC ? any good?

Yes, I go regularly.Plenty of deer to see and Des has a lot of experience to share.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Yes, I go regularly.Plenty of deer to see and Des has a lot of experience to share.
    Do you have to stalk both evening and morning or can you just do one? as it says in the info on BASC website that due to the time it takes for stalker to do zero proof/test you can't just book for a morning stalk?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholiath View Post
    Anyone used this stalking in thetford with BASC ? any good?
    Hi yes ive stalked on the BASC thetford stalking scheme I did one of my witnessed stalks for my level two with Des Green. I saw plenty of deer when I was there and Des was a top chap. Well worth a go

Do you have to stalk both evening and morning or can you just do one? as it says in the info on BASC website that due to the time it takes for stalker to do zero proof/test you can't just book for a morning stalk?
    I go once a fortnight and I have to do an evening stalk each time because of the shooting test. It suits me anyway and you will see lots of deer guaranteed.

I go once a fortnight and I have to do an evening stalk each time because of the shooting test. It suits me anyway and you will see lots of deer guaranteed.
    I think i interpreted it wrong as it looks like you have to pay for a morning and evening stalk due to the following quote from the BASC website

. Because of the requirement to shoot a test group before stalking commences, we do not accept bookings for a single morning outing, as this drastically reduces time on the ground.

I think i interpreted it wrong as it looks like you have to pay for a morning and evening stalk due to the following quote from the BASC website . Because of the requirement to shoot a test group before stalking commences, we do not accept bookings for a single morning outing, as this drastically reduces time on the ground.
    I am sure you can just book an evening but if you want to do a morning you will have to do an evening first

I am sure you can just book an evening but if you want to do a morning you will have to do an evening first
    thanks for that. I only want one stalk at a time anyway.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Definitely no home loads allowed then?