Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parker Hale1200 deluxe30.06 factory ammunition?

Parker Hale1200 deluxe30.06 factory ammunition?

What factory ammunition is any good in these PH 30.06 rifles. I home load but may be stalking on BASC scheme soon so factory rounds only!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholiath View Post
    What factory ammunition is any good in these PH 30.06 rifles. I home load but may be stalking on BASC scheme soon so factory rounds only!
    Why?
    there was no "Factory only" restriction on their Arran scheme that I am aware of?

Probably a Forestry Commission place then.

Sorry but as every barrel can be a law unto itself in what it likes you stumped with trail and error. However I might add that the Federl Fusion ammunition has a reputation for being a good performer in lots of rifles. I have only used it in 270 Winchester but found this to be a fact as it shot well through the four 270 rifles I tried in through.

P-H used Norma as they were the agents/importers for Norma ................................... their guarentee was that with Norma ammunition their rifles would shoot 1 1/2 MOA or less at 100 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Probably a Forestry Commission place then.
    FC dont limit to factory, that would put half the tenants off the ground

Hmmm interesting as once when I was looking at doing a days stalking on some FC ground through the FC themselves they had a stipulation that only factory ammunition could be used and you had to show the rifle and your self could group acceptably to the ranger before every stalk for which they made a charge for using their "range". The days outing was darned expensive too so I never took it any further.

That was a decade or so ago probably. I have never looked at FC stalking since as the prices were way beyond my pockets reach.

TThis is for the BASC stalking at thetford. you have to put shots into a target for them prior to stalking and factory rounds only. all the info is on BASC website

Why are they anti home loaders?
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Why are they anti home loaders?
    Tusker
    A very good question especially as an article I read about on of their own rangers explained that they were expected to hand load to get the best out of their rifles. But we the paying public have to use what may be inferior factory ammunition.

There are some estates that also have this rule which is why I always kept one rifle sighted in with some factory ammunition and some of the ammunition on hand. Some are now stipulating that sound moderators are to be used which the reason i finally got one.

Would love to see someone prove that my home loads are not infact Norma factory ammo.

The only difference in the Norma ammo has a tiny "NP" symbol on the primer.
    The bullets I use are pretty much identical!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Would love to see someone prove that my home loads are not infact Norma factory ammo.

The only difference in the Norma ammo has a tiny "NP" symbol on the primer.
    The bullets I use are pretty much identical!
    same here important reloading norma brass with 150 gn sierra sp they look like my norma factory rounds.